1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price DROP! Bartolini hum cancelling jazz pickups (4 string)! Great condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Ballin'bass, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Price:
    $80.00
    Up for sale is a set of Bartolini split coil passive jazz pickups for a 4-string bass!!!

The back of pickups have model numbers - Neck: 9J-S4 & Bridge: 9J-L4 which denotes these are split coil construction for hum canceling and deep tone. They have MAD BOOTY!

These are awesome jazz pickups that came straight out of my "like new" modulus vj4 from 2004. They are fantastic, fat, clear sounding pickups that I'm only selling because I have upgraded to some fancy boutique pups and I'd like to offset the cost of buying them.

These are a great value at the asking price of
    $100 shipped, considering their condition! Plenty of wire left on them 0402152202. 0402152202a. 0402152203. 0402152203a. Don't miss your chance to snag these awesome, TOTALLY NOISELESS, Baller Barts! Paypal preferred. Thanks for looking!

2. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Bump for sick jazz pickups! Naw mean!

3. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Bump.

4. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Bump! Oh, and price drop!

5. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Hey I know you're trying to sell but are you interested in any kind of trades??? I'd love to have Barts in my Squier Jazz, but I'm broke at the moment. Sigh. lol

Ballin'bass likes this.
  6. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Pm me with what you'd be trying to trade. I'm not really looking for much right now but you never know. I can be swayed from time to time.

7. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Bump

8. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Bump

9. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    aaaaaannnnd..... Bump

10. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Price drop bump! Now only asking 80 bucks! :)

11. shorty4life

shorty4life

Dec 22, 2013
    Hi. Are the lengths 91mm for neck, and 95mm for the bridge? Thanks...

12. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    I am not sure, I can try to check when I get home. I do know they are standard for a fender 70s jazz configuration so if that helps...

13. shorty4life

shorty4life

Dec 22, 2013
    I have no idea what a 70s config would equate to! :whistle: So whenever you have a chance to measure 'em, let me know... Thanks!

14. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Will do!

15. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    These are the same dimensions as standard Jazz sizes.
    image.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Ballin'bass likes this.
  16. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    rojo412 likes this.
  17. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
  18. shorty4life

shorty4life

Dec 22, 2013
    Considering them! The bass in question is a passive 32" fretless Warmoth (ash body, wenge neck, pau ferro board). Currently strung with GHS Precision flats. But I'm completely unfamiliar with the sound of Barts. I prefer a mid-range presence, not scooped highs & lows. What would you say the sounds of these pups leaned towards?

Bart's descriptions are pretty vague (i found better descriptions on old threads here at TB). Also i couldn't find the exact models listed on Bart's product page. I'm guessing they're the "original" set, not the "classic" set?

19. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    I know what you mean, it can be hard to derive much info from company descriptions. Here's my opinion on them:

Firstly they are completely quiet when plugged in. The tone tends to lean towards the low mids. While the entire mid range is nice and even and clear, there is a bit more fatness in the lower register. The highs are very present yet controlled, not over the top.

The best way I could sum up their sound is very clear and even, controlled sound across all the strings with a deep fatness to the sound that keeps it real smooth and thick. It's a meatier tone than your average fender jazz sound.

As a matter of fact they came out of my modulus vj4 fretless, so I can attest to them being very rich for that fretless sound. They might be just what you're looking for judging from what you're saying.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  20. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Not to mention this is the best you will probably do at this price. No bs.