1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Price drop! - Composite 15PR400 Cab - unloaded (19lbs) or loaded (27lbs)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by astack, Apr 5, 2015.

1. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Price:
    $400/$525
    Asking $400 unloaded, $525 loaded with the Faital 15PR400 + actual shipping.
    "Asking" because I'm not sure how to price this thing and I think that's a decent enough starting point based on what some of Mike's composite cabs went for in the past.

Happy to answer all kinds of questions via PM.

I would prefer a local sale, if for no other reason than to let you test drive it.

I did a very lengthy (10 pages) build thread, so you can check out what went into it, worts and all.
    DIY GFRP Sandwich Panel 1x15PR400 | TalkBass.com

For build photos only, here's the Photobucket album:
    Composite 15 Story by astackastack | Photobucket

Specs:
    • 19 lbs unloaded, 27 lbs loaded (with Faital)
    • Vb = 3.1 cu. ft.
    • fb = 39 Hz
    • f3 = ~50 Hz
    • 28.75" H x 18.5" W x 13.5" D
    • 8 ohms (with Faital)
    • 400W (210W excursion) (with Faital)
    • 2 layers 5.6oz S-2 glass in marine grade resin over 1" Foamular XPS foam
    • (2) 3" Precision Ports
    • (2) Speakon combo jacks
    • White bronco tolex
    • Ampeg SVT grill cloth
    • Blue leather dog bone handle
    • Heavy rubber feet on bottom
    • Fender-style glide feet on side
    • Designed and built for the Faital 15PR500, but should be good to use with an Eminence 3015 or potentially other drivers with no or slight modifications. I will include extra Precision Port tubes to allow for lengthening / downtuning if needed.
    Non-pro details to be clear about:
    • This was my first project doing composite / fiberglass layups. The build thread goes through my "learning" fairly exhaustively. That said, knuckle rapping around the box doesn't indicate any delaminating.
    • I'm not that happy with the speaker mounting method (bolts that require a wrench on the backside when fastening), so I will fix that prior to sending out.
    • This was my first tolex job and the seams on the back look it, although it's looked the same for the last couple years, so it doesn't seem to be loosening.
    • The grill cloth has a slight wave to it due to not having it tight enough before "shrink wrapping," which is more visible in the first picture below than I think IRL.
    • While it does sound good as is, I think it would sound more even with the tuning brought up a touch, which would require a touch of DIY / tinkerer spirit. PM me if you have questions about this.
    • Port tubes (middle portion and rear flare) are held in place with painters tape. The ports are fastened with nylon bolts for weight savings.
    DSC01224.

IMG_4027.

IMG_4028.

IMG_4029.

IMG_4030.

IMG_4031.

IMG_4032.

IMG_4033.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. astack

astack

Nov 12, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    This has been an awfully quiet thread... TTT!

3. Your 15PR400 is an 8 ohm one?