1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Price Drop! Dan Atkinson Jazz Bass neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by JerBear80, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JerBear80

JerBear80 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Price:
    I bought this neck from another TB’er about 1.5 years ago. I’ve had it on one of my main players for a little over a year. It’s a really nice neck, the profile has a pre-CBS feel to it, barely 1.5", thin and narrow, but it’s just a little too narrow for my liking. The previous owner compared it to the Geddy Lee profile and I’d agree with that. Specs as follows:
    -Maple/Rosewood-the RW has a very nice, even color.
    -1.5 nut w Tusq nut
    -11/16" tuner holes
    -Looks to be finished in a nitro with a vintage tint
    -Headstock nitro is checking. There’s also a very faint outline from the “Atkinson” logo. You can’t really see it straight on but it’s noticeable it you tilt it.
    -Back of the neck is great, looks to have been worn in more than the rest, you can subtly tell from the color of the finish on the back.
    -Has the truss rod adjusting wheel at the heel but I believe that could be replaced with a standard nut if your bass isn’t routed for a wheel.
    Previous sale is here with more info and pics: SOLD - Dan Atkinson Jazz Bass Neck - Maple/Rosewood
    It’s in identical shape as when I got it with the exception of the Tusq nut I installed after I got it.
    I’m asking $210 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal is preferred. No trades and no international shipping, thanks.
    38D251AD-62C1-43D3-9B13-9C58168D076D. BA520449-A4AD-4A80-9BD8-154D1D6A0640.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 10:31 PM
  2. 123321

123321 Bravely eating @ MacDonald's Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Virginia
    PM'd 4 add'l details...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  3. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Looks like it wore some ultralites. Do you know the tuner hole diameter?

Any idea what kind of body modification would need to be done to fit the wheel?

4. JerBear80

JerBear80 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    Yes, it did, I had HB6C-1/2's on it. The tuner holes are 11/16", I'll add that to the OP as well.

My luthier just used a Forstner bit to cut a half circle notch in the body to fit the wheel. I had it on a "beater" body so I wasn't concerned about not being a rectangular cutout, like a EBMM. Either way, it should be a pretty simple job for any qualified tech. It's also very possible that you could swap the wheel with vintage Fender style truss rod nut too. I have one here from another neck and it fits, I just didn't try adjusting it. If anyone knows anything more about that, please let me know.

krovx likes this.