SOLD PRICE DROP!! Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass Modded Fiesta Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by limit6, Sep 17, 2017.

1. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I am the original owner of this bass and have taken many journeys with this instrument. It is a phenomenal bass for a bassist who wants a light weight precision that's easy on the shoulders. For years this bass has been my prized possession and was built from the ground up. This is a one of a kind bass that would be an amazing addition to any collection. I am selling because I play mostly stand up now and one day wish to own an original '60s Precision.

This bass is a 2003 Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass; rosewood fretboard, MOP inlays, swamp ash body and is one of the lightest and best playing basses I’ve ever laid hands on; the following things have been done to it.

The body was stripped down to the wood, the humbucker, battery, and side jack routes were professionally filled by Dave Mannella of Mannella Guitars in Pittsburgh, PA. The job is absolutely flawless (if you hold the body up in the right light you can see the lines faintly where the humbucker was filled. The body was then painted in a Nitrocellulose Fiesta Red Finish done by Dan Shinn of Lay’s Guitar Shop in Akron, Ohio. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Precision Pickups, the pots are CTS 250 K pots, and the pickguard is a Nitrocellulose ‘60s Style Tortoise Guard from Pickguardian. It comes with the original bridge which gives you the option of string through body or through the bridge.

The satin polyurethane on the neck was stripped and replaced with a thin nitrocellulose finish also done by Dan Shinn at Lay’s. The tuners are original and this thing hardly ever needs to. The neck is graphite reinforced, straight, the frets are in great condition and is straight as an arrow. Really great playability. There are scuffs that are pictured on the headstock that are cosmetic. The neck and body were recently refinished.

I have over $2,700 in this bass and it comes with the original hardshell case.

I am not going to pull any punches here, I realize that modded basses do not hold their value, and I understand these mods are pretty extreme, however I can also confidently state that somebody buying this bass is going to be extremely happy with it. It plays, sounds, feels wonderful. The mods are all professionally done and absolutely top rate. I am happy to see someone get this bass who will play it more than I do.

I happily invite, offers, conversations, stories, trades and anything else you got for me!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    How much does it weigh?

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very cool.

limit6 likes this.
  4. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    6.8 lbs!

BassIsBoss likes this.
  5. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Thank you! It's not a bad bass to have on your shoulder for a long gig that is for sure.

6. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Any issues with neck dive?

7. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    No issues whatsoever. Perfect balance

8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have a just over 7 pound bass and that feels crazy light. Those of you with shoulder/back issues would love this thing if it's even less than that. Never mind that it looks fantastic.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    TN WOODMAN and limit6 like this.
  9. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    My picture taking skills are subpar and do not do this bass justice. I'm excited to see where this lands because I feel very confident that the recipient will be extremely happy with it.

10. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    More than interested to strike a deal with someone!

11. Dennis Bender

Dennis Bender

Jan 22, 2015
    What type of trades are you particularly interested in?

12. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Ideally I'd like to sell the bass outright as I am trying to make a push for a new '63 precision AVRI.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021