SOLD (Price Drop) Fender Fiesta Red Road Worn Precision incl. orig/custom PG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by maplenecked, Mar 15, 2018.

1. maplenecked

maplenecked

Dec 1, 2017
    Honolulu
    Price:
    Strings:
    9F36DC86-DE1F-4830-8A16-7346C11E5B45.jpeg
    $800- Price dropped

Fender Road Worn 50’s Precision Bass. Excellent condition. Original owner. Never left the house. No new scratches, dings, or dents since purchased. All relic’ing is factory produced road worn. Installed is a custom WD tortoise shell 10 hole pickguard. This is a custom pickguard as the 50’s series has 10 holes. The 13 hole standard pickguards do not fit these 10 hole 50’s series basses. No new holes were made for installation. The custom pickgaurd has a $87 value. There is a bit of gap on on the lower section of the PG see pictures. The original gold anodized pickguard is included. Includes Fender soft gig bag. Currently setup with neck relief at .013”, string height at 5/64” measured at the 17th fret. Strings are 3 week old Ernie Ball Flatwound Group III strings with about 4 hours of play time into them. These setup measurements may alter with temperature/humidity changes in shipping. The instrument sets up with low action very well with with excellent fretwork. It is in my experience that the Fender 50’s series of basses come from the Mexico factory with extra special attention to fretwork and wood choices. The fret board edges are wonderfully rolled for player comfort to feel like a real vintage instrument. Instrument weighs 8.8lbs. Price is shipped. If you want to call me or FaceTime with the bass let me know, thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. ExaltBass

ExaltBass XBass Cables Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Beauty! GLWTS :)

maplenecked likes this.
  3. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Inactive

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I wish I could bond with the necks on these...GLWYS:thumbsup:

maplenecked and goldenglory18 like this.
  4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    maplenecked likes this.
  5. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Playing 5 most of the time now...this is the 4 banger neck for me! Beautiful!

maplenecked likes this.
  6. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Chicago Illinois
    Nice!!

maplenecked likes this.
  7. bherman

bherman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Bump for a nice bass - although I did get a chuckle out of your "No new scratches, dings, or dents since purchased" line - for a factory reliced bass! Good luck with the sale.

middy and maplenecked like this.
  8. maplenecked

maplenecked

Dec 1, 2017
    Honolulu
    Relisted and price dropped

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    lowdownthump and Spidey2112 like this.