1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Price Drop! Fender "Geddy P" - P/J bass made with CIJ Geddy neck, MIM jazz body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by yaryaryaryar, Mar 24, 2018.

1. yaryaryaryar

yaryaryaryar Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Price:
    Strings:
    Price drop to $600!

This is a "Geddy P" bass - put together from a CIJ Geddy Lee neck and a MIM Fender Jazz body. The body was routed (pretty cleanly, if you ask me) for the P pickup. Also routed for easier access to the truss rod. Otherwise, it's got Vintage Seymour Duncan pickups - an SPB-1 for the P pickup, and an SJB-1b for the bridge. The bridge is a Hipshot A Style quick loader. The pickguard is from Warmoth. The pots and knobs came with the MIM Jazz body. All that comes together for a pretty great playing and sounding bass. All the various parts are in good shape, too. No big nicks or dings, but there are some small indentations in the back of the body that I couldn't really get good photos of.

Feel free to message me with any questions at all. I'm up for trade offers - not really looking for anything specific, so just fire away. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    It looks great

3. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    drooldrooldrool

4. rockinb

rockinb

Jan 26, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    PM sent

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Is the Neck Precision route clean enough that a Neck “J” Pup can still be installed, making the Bass a PJ/JJ? I had my “40th Birthday” Custom Mike Lull routed as such, turning his “PJ5-24” model into a “PJ/J5-24” (I know I’m not the only Lull owner here whose done so to this model...:thumbsup:) and it’s made it far more useful for multiple tones for a fair short switching time... my Preamp is custom-wired with EMGs “Quik Connect” connectors, so it’s only a matter of removing the Pickguard & Pickup, installing the other Pickup & oppositely-routed Pickguard & insert the pickup wiring into the no-solder connectors.

6. yaryaryaryar

yaryaryaryar Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Yup. You are correct. This would be an easy swap, and I've thought about that possibility myself. But then I realize that I already have a regular stock CIJ Geddy Lee, so that would be kind of pointless in my case, but I think it's neat that it would be possible.

There's one photo attached to the original post that shows the body before everything was assembled, and you can see the route there. With a regular J pickup and a regular J pickguard, you'd never know the route was there. Voila - you now have a P/J / J/J bass.

Also, side note: If you're saying you already have pickups you want to use in this bass, I'd happily keep the Seymour Duncans and drop the price accordingly. Let me know.