1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PRICE DROP Fender Jazz Plus V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eee, Oct 25, 2020.

1. eee

eee Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Price:
    Strings:
    Canada
    SALE PENDING

PRICE DROP: 800, buyer pays shipping. I'll ship it anywhere!

Edit: MAKE AN OFFER! I need to downsize. This is an excellent bass with some cool upgrades and it has the scars to prove it.

Fender Jazz Plus V

Made in the USA, serial number says 1990, neck stamp says 92.

It’s in good condition for a bass that’s around 30 years old. It had lots of finish swirling and three noticeable dings on the body. Only one is through to the wood, and the wood is pretty brown which leads me to believe it’s an old ding.

The electronic package on this thing is unreal. It has the 9v Kubicki preamp with the mid boost trim pot in the cavity. The preamp has mute/passive/active/active with mid boost.

From bridge to neck, the knobs are preamp mode selector, treble/bass, volume/blend. The bass knob becomes a tone knob in passive mode.

I’ve upgraded the pickups to Nordstrand Jazz Blades. I found the Lace Senors it came with were too scoopy for my tastes. The jazz blades have the bonus of matching the radius of the fingerboard, so string response is even across the strings.

This bass is extremely versatile. It can go from thick and dubby to bright and slappy, it can do a decent Jaco sound, and the neck pickup is THICK.

It’s light weight for a 5 string. Using the unscientific method of weighing myself and then weighing myself with the bass, it weighs around 9 pounds.

D1A51DA0-54B7-4B7E-A747-3511F6261579.jpeg 3FB32FDA-0493-452A-8FAF-1E4B0644C365.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Aw jeeez; one of these, this color even, was my main touring bass for a loooooong time.
    And I really like those Nord Blades.
    Dang. That's cool.
    GLWTS

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow they made these in purples?
    Nordy J-Blades are awesome - I have them in my G&L JB-2.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    eee likes this.
  4. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    That’s pretty rad

5. eee

eee Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sale pending

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021