1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale PRICE DROP: Fully Carved 3/4 Hungarian Double Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Reuben, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Reuben

Reuben Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    $5500
    Strings:
    Fully carved double bass, probably Hungarian, approx 100 years old. No label. Has been on upwards of 100 recordings and has gigged all over the US, Europe, and Canada. Not the loudest instrument you ever heard, but has a big, rich, dark tone. Bows well. Bouncy booming pizzicato. I believe the string length is 41-ish. Has been through hell and back, and it shows. Was previously valued upwards of $10K, (that's what I paid for it 18 years ago) but it could use some work, and the neck had to be re-attached a few years ago after an accident, (it's super solid now) so I am willing to let it go for $5500 (or best offer). It somes strung with Thomastik Spirocores, and includes a swell Bobelock bag. Come check it out for yourself in Brooklyn, NYC. You'll see it needs some glueing but otherwise it's ready to go! I will not ship this bass, so don't ask. Crazy lowball offers will be ignored. I will only take CASH. This is a big opportunity to score a quality instrument at a reduced price.
    HUNG-BASS-1. HUNG-BASS-2. HUNG-BASS-3. HUNG-BASS-4.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Jim Dedrick likes this.
  2. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    recordings?

Reuben likes this.
  3. Reuben

Reuben Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY