1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PRICE DROP: Genz-Benz Shuttle 3.0 10t Combo $450 shipped CONUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bshaw, Jan 9, 2021.

1. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    Price:
    $550.00
    United States
    PRICE DROP: $450.00 Shipped CONUS

Selling what I swore I’d never sell (sound familiar?), my Genz-Benz Shuttle 3.0-10t, with a fitted imitation leather cover and a manufactured gig bag that never fit (maybe it’s just for the cab?); anyway, great lightweight combo (18lbs) that I’ve used a few times over the years at a friends home for jazz readings, but mostly as a practice amp at home. Never “gigged” or even pushed very hard. Used mostly with upright, sounds great as a “doubling” amp. Head is detachable to use with other cabs. Has drop-down foot to angle the amp upwards. Looks great, works great, a tiny grackle sound on gain knob, has never been a problem, only noticed it now while going over the amp. Listed locally in Houston, so if you’re nearby, willing to meet to save on shipping / knock off $50. PM with questions or whatever, am on TB all the time, will reply pretty quick, thanks!

Amazingly powerful for its size and weight.
    The 3.0-10T amp from the Shuttle series was developed by Genz¢Benz for professional players who require an easily transported, great sounding, and flexible bass amplifier system that is also full-featured.

The heart of the Shuttle series is the lightweight amplifier design. This 2.75 lb. amp is available as a "head only" or in combo versions, such as this one, delivering 175 watts at 8 ohms and 300 watts at 4 ohms with an external speaker cab. In the combo models, the amp chassis can be easily removed from it's combo "saddle" in seconds and carried to a larger gig in the pocket of your bass case or the available carry bag.

The head is extremely useful as a standalone unit, with a headphone output that is excellent for quiet, personal practice sessions. You can adjust the volume level and tone you hear with the preamp, and, using the Post EQ setting on the DI, you can turn the Shuttle into an outstanding preamp for recording.

The Shuttle 3.0-10T amp gives you an ultra compact combo that delivers plenty of output and tone. The ported enclosure combines a 10" neodymium loudspeaker and soft-dome neodymium tweeter in a compact 18.75 lb. package easily usable in a variety of venues. It comes with a bottom-mounted kickstand for projecting the sound back upwards towards you while you're performing.
    Features
    Shuttle 3.0 head
    • High current, Class D power amplifier
    • Extended range input gain for active/passive sensitivity
    • Active EQ w/parametric mids
    • 3-band signal shape circuit
    • Tuner out
    • Headphone jack
    • Aux. input
    • Limiter circuit
    • LED status indicators
    • Speakon and 1/4" speaker outputs
    • Full XLR direct out interface
    Bass cab
    • Custom sourced cast-frame 10" neodymium loudspeaker Custom sourced soft-dome neodymium tweeter with attenuation control.
    • The cab is a Birch-ply, with heavy duty vinyl covering
    • 175W as combo/300W with ext. cab
    • Removable amp chassis
    • Rear-ported for full responses
    • Protected corners
    • Speaker grille

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    pjbassist, DaDo625 and Gustopher like this.
  2. SLPimp

SLPimp An Injury to One is an Injury to All Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Does the amp sac close up with the head on the cab?

3. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    Hi,
    I wish it did / would; I bought it separately off Reverb, and “seems” like it will only fit the cab, and maaaybe at that; I always wondered whether the seller had it mislabeled somehow; after struggling with it for a while I just stowed it away, only remembered I had it when I listed the combo. Sorry for unhelpful answer, am certainly open to any offers, thanks!

4. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    No worries, thanks. I was less than impressed with the bag for the new Genzler combo, and prefer covers anyway.

5. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    Price Drop!!

6. gleneg61

gleneg61

Jan 10, 2008
    Kyoto, Japan
    I think that gear sac is for the 8" speaker combo, I have one for my 10" combo & it fits fine. amp attached & all, also have the 8" combo. If I wasn't living in Japan, I'd snatch it up quick smart for a backup just because. GLWTS

7. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    You know, I bet you’re right! I bought the carry bag off Reverb (‘NOS’), and they claimed it was for the ten cab; I remember not bothering to return it after it “sort of” fit just the cab, because it would have cost half as much and time I didn’t have. So it went into the Case Closet of Doom until now. Bet it would fit the 8 combo perfectly! Thanks

8. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Anyone ever gig with one of these? Want a small cab for home use without using my 210, bit want something for small gigs too.

9. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    Hi,
    If you haven’t already, a quick search of “Shuttle 3.0 10t” on the ‘Amps & Cabs’ forums pulls up lots of threads / info. I’ve owned the 8, 10, and 12 shuttle combo series, loved them a lot for my uses. Unfortunately, as much as I love TB, I’ve found the only way to know if a piece of gear works for me is to try it out—my instruments, my playing, my band mates, whatever specific room etc etc.
    IMO, this combo is best suited for home practice and SMALL gigs; a coffeehouse singer-songwriter deal, a jazz combo with a polite drummer, etc; I’ve known people to use this combo in larger setups with FOH support etc., but don’t have personal experience that way. Yes, I can shake the walls of my living room with this combo, it’s not fooling around, but at 175 watts (without a matching cab to get you to 300 watts), I imagine there are limits to its headroom / quality of sound if you push it. This combo is about quality sound, great tone-shaping, extreme portability, literally picking it up with one finger. I’d keep it if I could, but am trying to prioritize gear more to upright right now. Thanks, kind of sorry for long reply, am sad to see this little guy go! Open to offers, etc.

10. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Thanks for the reply. I'm mostly interested in it for the cab since my usual 210 is being used to block a book shelf from my toddler.

11. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    Hi,
    Thanks, wanted to post this for people that have PMd about just buying the cab to use with another shuttle combo, to get the full 300w: I’m not sure how you’d go about it using JUST the cab from this COMBO. Granted, I’m coming from the upright world so have less experience with these things, but the cab in the 3.0 10t doesn’t have any speaker inputs of any kind into it. It has a single 1/4” speaker cable dangling a few inches out of the top of the cab itself (pictured). Am not sure if there are speakerwire connectors / attachments that you could use to the existing little bit of cable. Probably the idea of ADDING a matching ten to the combo was to use speaker inputs on the head to link two cabs; equally, the HEAD was designed to uncouple from the combo and use wherever; but the CAB in the COMBO (not sure of what the manufactured extension cab ever looked like, because I could NEVER find one) seems ‘mated’ to the combo head. Hopefully that makes some sense, and I’m probably totally wrong about all of this, and there’s a simple fix / workaround I’m not seeing. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  12. SLPimp

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Thanks for that. I was curious myself how long that cable was. I do have a 1/4 to speakon adapter that would add length. Still, would have to be a perfect placement of the speaker outs on my Genzler.

13. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    B23D4A29-176F-4F61-9B94-1D13504C1462.jpeg Hi,
    For people interested from PMs etc I’d be willing to separate, seems there’s more interest in the cab by itself than the combo!
    I’d do $250 shipped Fedex Ground CONUS for the cabinet, shuttle mounting kit, and fitted slipcover. Thanks!

14. jimmyb

jimmyb An Avid Indoorsman Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Elkton, MD
    Pm.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021