1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Price Drop! German bow stamped "G. Werner"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by evanrunyon, Feb 26, 2019.

1. evanrunyon

evanrunyon Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Brooklyn NY
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    A German student/intermediate bow from the 80's stamped "G. Werner," made in the Dorfler shop. Compared to a Pfretzschner-style bow, it's on the shorter side and the frog is smaller too - closer to a Viennese-style. The sound is a little closed off (but still more expressive than a carbon fibre), but it balances actually really well and feels great in the hand. Weight is 133g.

It's in great condition and since being rehaired in October has only been used a handful of times.

I wouldn't necessarily take this thing into a major audition, but I bought it when I needed a German bow to take classical gigs in Central Europe and I never felt it fall short in some heavy sections I played with in Austria or Germany. It'd be great for a student, someone needing a backup, or (like me) a French player looking to pick up German but not trying to drop thousands quite yet.

I live in North Brooklyn, anyone that wants to come try it out in person is more than welcome to and I'll knock $50 off the price if you come pick it up yourself. Otherwise I'll ship anywhere in the continental U.S. - if you're Hawaii/Alaska or international, pm me and we'll figure out a solution.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Weight?

3. evanrunyon

evanrunyon Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Brooklyn NY
    133g