1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop!! - Groove Tubes "The Brick" Tube PreAmp/Phantom/DI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by neddyrow, Nov 16, 2016.

1. neddyrow

neddyrow Captain of Team Orange Jacket Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Cortland, NY
    Price:
    $325
    For Sale:

I have a wonderful piece of gear that I don't want to get rid of but have no use for. These things are starting to get rare.....so grab it while you can!

Groove Tubes - The Brick - and that's what it is! Solid, well made, and can do it all!

I have used it in my home studio for warming up vocals and other tracks while recording. it works great for Large Condensers, especially if you need phantom power.

It has also been used as a DI and tube preamp for BG.

I am mostly a DB player and have upgraded my recording gear, so this guy has to go.

here are the specs and review:

Groove Tubes The Brick | Sound On Sound

groovetubebrick.gif here is a stock photo - i'm at work and can send actual photos when i get home at your request.

Attached Files:

NYCBass likes this.
  2. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    I spent the afternoon recording with one of these. Fantastic old school tube DI. Glwts

neddyrow likes this.
  3. I have never heard of these, how does it compare to say an Ampeg SVT-DI or a Reddi designs red brick? Thanks.

4. neddyrow

neddyrow Captain of Team Orange Jacket Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Cortland, NY
    they serve similar purposes and have similar features.

i have never used the other 2 units so i cannot comment on a comparison.

5. I have owned all three! All three are very different, good in their own way. I just sold my Brick, great bass DI, warm, clean even-tons of bottom. Only downside is that is it a very hot signal, but if you buffer it right or attenuate you will be just fine. SVTDI is cool, too clean for me but nice high end, crystal clear. REDDI is to me the warmest, still great clarity and sounds like a Countryman Type 85 after a B15N. That's home to me, but all were great options!

neddyrow likes this.
  6. I've been using this as my preamp/DI when playing live to FOH for years. Great for recording at home as well.

I love what it does for my sound. I set my gain around 2 o'clock. I play passive P and J basses. I've never had an issue with a hot signal, but I agree with AWB's tone descriptions above.

neddyrow likes this.
  7. You can hear the Brick in comparison to the REDDI, Avalon U5, and Noble here:

davidcurran

(Note: This isn't my SoundCloud)

neddyrow likes this.
  8. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Can you get any dirt out of this? Not looking for overdrive but I like a little "hair."

9. You can! It sounds great particular on guitar but bass too!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021