1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD PRICE DROP - Lakland 44-01 3TSB/RW

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheEmptyCell, Sep 10, 2015.

1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Price:
    Strings:
    21369263321_af6044d64c_o.

21173046528_b38b5a1201_o.

20739818553_0fb137a1a7_o.

21174008249_8ec7cd2de5_o.

20738230014_644b8a858c_o. A scuff near the control cavity cover, can hardly be felt by my calloused fingers.

21369259161_08da24f18a_o. Minty condition Road Runner case

I got this in a deal thinking I really needed a nice 4 string to compliment my 6 string Dingwall. If I didn't have Fanned Fret Fever, this bass would stay in the horde.

Great playing, great sounding, not heavy. No big dings or scratches that I've found, but I will get some pics tonight and really go over the bass to see if there's anything of note on the body or neck.

EDIT - serial number dates it to Aug 2012. Weighs 8.6 lbs.

Bart MK1 pickups and 3-band preamp with push/pull on the volume knob for active/passive operation.

Needs new strings, but I'm not keeping it long enough to worry about changing them myself.

No trades unless you want to give me pedals + cash, or a fEarful 15/6, or 12/6 (Cube preferred). Or if you're really crazy and you want to trade me a Dingwall ABZ4 or Super P4 for this bass plus cash on my end. Other basses WILL NOT be considered.

Comes with a nice hard shell case.

$475 plus shipping OBO! Make me an offer, send me a PM and we'll cut a deal.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  2. TheEmptyCell

Pics added, don't know why TB rotated them sideways.

3. TheEmptyCell

PM me any and all offers. I'm trying to clear some room/ funds for a fEarful!

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    A 44-01, MB-fusion and fEarful 12.6 just plain does it for me... Btw, the first4 digits of the serial number are the month and year of the build. 0804 would be Aug 2004.

5. TheEmptyCell

Looks like the serial number on this one starts 0812, so it's from August 2012. Thanks for the info!

6. TheEmptyCell

Bump!

7. Weight ?

8. TheEmptyCell

I will get a weight for you as soon as I get home. I'm estimating 8 to 8.5 lbs, as it's a little lighter than my Dingwall.

eadg98005 likes this.
  9. TheEmptyCell

10. TheEmptyCell

Price drop to $475 plus shipping! Send me offers. Not looking for any basses in trade at the moment.

11. rjd5974

rjd5974

Nov 16, 2014
    Bump for a great price on this bass. If I didn't have a 5501 I'd be on it in a second. This bass is great as is, but for this price you can afford to drop in an upgraded pre and new pups and you'll be out the cost of a brand new unmodded one and you'll have an absolutely killer bass.

12. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Agreed! Someone needs to buy this at this price. If you haven't played a Lakland, well, you just haven't. BUT you should! These are great basses and well worth the coin the OP is asking.

13. TheEmptyCell

Payment pending!

14. El Papa

El Papa Guest

Jan 12, 2015
    If buyer backs out let me know please

15. TheEmptyCell

Sold!

16. paujones

paujones Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Dublin, CA
    The bass is available for sale again! PM me if you are interested!

17. TheEmptyCell

Feel free to use my pics for a new sale thread, but it might get confusing if people see this thread.

18. paujones

paujones Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Dublin, CA
    I did just that!