SOLD Price Drop - Marco MV5 Modern Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by loopspin, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my Marco MV5. This is a fantastic, extremely well built bass and is Marco's take on a single/double cut bass. The bass is in pretty much mint condition, no bumps, bruises or dents to speak of. Plays amazingly well and sounds fantastic with that classic jazz bass tone largely in part because of the Marco wired single coil pickups and preamp. The neck is dead straight and the action is the lowest I have ever felt on any bass.
    The preamp is very versatile, it has active/passive option with passive tone control on the treble knob when in passive, it also has has a gain control as well.

Neck is three piece maple, fingerboard is dragon wood (sounds great and extremely rare wood), body wings are Douglas Fur and the body core is Spalted maple, the bass is nice and light 7.5 pounds and has a 34.5 scale length.

Price Drop to $1,200, the bass will come with a Dingwall gig bag, below is a link to Marco's web site.

Marco Bass Guitars – Official Marco Bass Guitars Website

For Sale - Gorgeous Spector NS-5H2W, Quilted Maple, Norstrand Big Splits

For Sale - Fbass BN5 Blueburst

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Martin T and RussT like this.
  2. Woolber

Woolber Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Canada
    Different price listed up top.

3. Thank's price corrected.

4. devo1

devo1

May 6, 2010
    Are the pickups hum cancelling?

5. Yes - they are hum cancelling

6. Martin T

Martin T

Mar 17, 2016
    String spacing please?

7. The string spacing is adjustable from 17 mm to 19 mm. Currently set to 19 mm.

8. Martin T

Martin T

Mar 17, 2016
    Nice!
    The website says approximately 9 lbs... but that’s probably depends on the woods!
    Interested in any trades?

9. No trades

10. Light as a feather !

11. Martin T

Martin T

Mar 17, 2016
    Nice!
    I’ve had a lot of basses. Fender, Smith, etc... my lightest and usual giving favorite for the last 10 years is a Pavel jazz. Swamp ash...
    But your bass looks sweet. I like “Light” and craaazy low action.
    You got me thinkin.....

12. Brother if you like light and super low action, this is it. The look is truly unique, I call this bass "The Forest", because of the look of the bass, incredible. Too many basses and I need the coin. Pave basses are supposedly great basses.

13. Martin T

Martin T

Mar 17, 2016
    Yea - me too really. My PAVEL is a staple - made for me - he’s a great Luther.
    gotta move a few basses.
    Old Ken smith burner 5 w Bart’s.
    Flea jazz bass.
    Gary Veesley fretless 5

Let me think a little - if I could swing this this week......

14. Sure - think about it but you'll love this bass.

15. Martin T

Martin T

Mar 17, 2016
    Is that $1300 shipped??

16. No - should not be much to ship, I would ship Canada Post, my buddy RussT uses them all the time to ship to the US.

17. I'm sure we can work something out

18. Yea I just check their website - it kinda sucks. Its still under construction.

19. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    This bass is light as a feather. Way under 9 lbs. It is gorgeous in person as well. The dragon wood fretboard has amazing figuring. Its also a steal at this price.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021