1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale PRICE DROP. Maruszczyk Elwood L5A-24 5 string - Purple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by randyplaysbass, Sep 16, 2019.

1. randyplaysbass

randyplaysbass Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    US Distributor, Status Basses Endorsing Artist, Hipshot Music Product
    Price:
    $2000.00
    Strings:
    Brand New. This bass is AMAZING!!!! There is no manufacturer that even comes close at this price point. Impeccable build quality with top of the range components at a reasonable price. THIS BASS IS LIGHT!!!. Because of the chambered alder body, this bass weighs in at 8 lbs. 9 oz and is well balanced! This bass features one of the most versatile, comprehensive electronics package I have ever seen. Delano Times Square pickups with a matching Delano Sonar 3MS/E preamp give you all the tonal flexibility you need.

Here is a video link to the same exact bass. Only exception being six strings rather than five and no series wired option on the humbuckers.

Controls are:
    Volume
    Balance
    Bass boost/cut at 40 Hz
    Midrange boost/cut variable at 300/500/800 Hz via 3 position mini toggle
    Treble boost/cut at 6.5 Hz
    3 position mini switch for neck pickup - north coil/parallel humbucker/south coil
    3 position mini switch for bridge pickup - north coil/parallel humbucker/south coil

Bass comes with Maruszczyk padded gig bag and documentation. Here are the details:

Model: Elwood L 5A-24
    # of Strings: 5
    Scale: 34"
    Body Wood: Chambered alder
    Color: Gloss purple
    Neck wood: Hard rock maple
    Carbon reinforcement rods: Yes
    Fingerboard wood: Macassar ebony
    Fingerboard markers: Abalone dots with 3 mm blue lumilay side dots
    Pickguard: 3 ply black pearl
    Headstock: Matching gloss purple with abalone logo
    Tuners: Chrome Y style
    Bridge: Chrome monorail individual
    Straplocks: Dunlop recessed
    Pickups: Delano Times Square ($400 a set!)
    Electronics: Delano Sonar 3 MS/E preamp
    String spacing at bridge: 19 mm
    Shipping is $50 to the contiguous 48 states. Paypal or Chase QP preferred.Credit cards accepted inquire first.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  2. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Cape Cod
    I just got a Maruszczyk with the Times Squared pickups about 2 months ago. They are really excellent sounding pickups- even when run passive. I was a G&L dual- MFD guy for over two decades. The TS pickups are capable of the same sharpness and aggression, but have far more depth and clean low end extension. The dynamic range and responsiveness is also similar, but...more. My electronics package doesn’t have the switchable mids, but I like using my amp for that anyway. And yes... just the electronics package accounts for at least a third of the sellers asking price, without taking into consideration the world class bass guitar that surrounds it (ebony fb is a great upgrade btw, wish mine had it). If I hadn’t just bought mine... somebody will be very happy with this bass. I’m still in the “honeymoon” phase. Good luck with the sale!

3. randyplaysbass

Aug 31, 2004
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    Thanks man! It is truly a fantastic base. At any price.

4. Gorgeous. Wow.

5. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Cape Cod
    My volume pot is push/pull for active/passive. Does this have a passive option?

6. randyplaysbass

Aug 31, 2004
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    Yes it does

7. I agree with what you said about Maruszczyk basses being amazing basses. If you don’t mind me asking, why are you getting rid of it?

8. randyplaysbass

Aug 31, 2004
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    I ordered an identical five string and six string. I’m keeping the six string.

Kevin Lynch likes this.
  9. Makes perfect sense. I honestly don’t think that there’s a Maruszczyk that doesn’t sound incredible. I’ve seen just about every video that he’s posted on YouTube and in my opinion, they are some of the best sounding boutique basses made today. They are also priced reasonably compared to some of the other boutique luthiers who charge way too much for a bass guitar. Yours is a beautiful bass!
    I’ve always wondered if it’s the design of the headstock that allows Adrian to design his basses without a string tree. Anyway......just me thinking out loud.

10. randyplaysbass

Aug 31, 2004
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    I did talk to Adrian about that. There is a tilt back that’s big enough to eliminate the string tree. You can see it but only if viewed from the side. Genius.

11. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Wow, this is gorgeous! And those pickups alone cost nearly $500 bucks. Somebody's gonna get a killer bass.

12. randyplaysbass

Aug 31, 2004
    Downers Grove, Illinois
    Thank you! Hope other people begin to realize what great bases these are! I bought a six string and a five string so I’m keeping the six.