SOLD ( PRICE DROP) MJT Nitro Sunburst Mild Wear Precision Bass Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by RRWesner, Mar 18, 2021.

1. RRWesner

RRWesner

Jan 10, 2010
    Price:
    United States
    This is a brand new MJT nitro sunburst bass body. I decided not to proceed with the build that I was going to use this for. You could make a killer vintage build with this. This body has very light wear as seen in the pictures but it will wear into a relic the way you play it, or just check nicely if you take care of it.

They go for 425+20 shipping custom order and it takes a couple months. Get this one for a bit off and get it much quicker.

From MJT
    "This is an Alder official MJT® Custom Vintage style Aged Nitro PBT Bass Guitar Body. The body was cut to vintage style specs by our sister company USA Custom Guitars right here in Carthage, MO USA. The body is topped off with an aged vintage 100% nitro Tobacco Sunburst finish by Mark Jenny of MJT® Aged Guitar Finishes. This will make a great authentic looking body for any aged vintage style guitar project."

I might be interested in trades for interesting 5 string flatwound sets. Something like labella gold, ti flats or acousticores or something like that. Or new nickel 5 string sets depending on what they are.

415 shipped CONUS

s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg
    s-l1600-9.jpg s-l1600-10.jpg s-l1600-11.jpg

dfp, MascisMan, Matt R and 4 others like this.
  2. REV

REV Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2006
    OK I'll play. Weight?

RRWesner likes this.
  3. RRWesner

RRWesner

Jan 10, 2010
    Hey man, the scale is in the other bedroom where someone is sleeping right now. I'll get it on there in the morning and let you know exactly what it is.

There is a precision alder body listed on the site where MJT's body company sells unfinished bodies that is at 3lbs 15oz but the picture isn't loading so I can't see if it has the same routing or not.

When I was holding it I couldn't tell any difference between it and other p bass bodies I've held. I know that's like the caveman way of weighing things but it's all I got until tomorrow morning haha!

4. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Neck pocket says 4.13 lbs.

EC964C75-F029-4C9A-AC24-C3A4700F7B61.jpeg

G RICH 5, RRWesner, REV and 1 other person like this.
  5. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    To be clear, the "4.13" means 4.008 lbs (.13 x 16 = .008) or 4 lbs 13 oz?

A 13 oz. difference is pretty significant.

G RICH 5 and Dec1975 like this.
  6. RRWesner

RRWesner

Jan 10, 2010
    I believe it means 4lbs 13 0z.

On my luggage scale it says just over 5 lbs.

09B6EAFC-51AE-4999-9AA7-7AC660406F61.jpeg

MascisMan likes this.
  7. Huw Phillips

Huw Phillips Life is like TV if the channel sucks change it Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Hoboken
    I am waiting for mine to ship from MJT amazing body’s someone will be v happy with this glws

RRWesner and MascisMan like this.
  8. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    That’s not what MJT means when they list weight.

9. chaurett

chaurett Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Storrs Mansfield
    Pm

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021