1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale PRICE DROP: Modulus VJ (SOLD) and Lakland Hollowbody

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ulty_arnie, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ulty_arnie

ulty_arnie Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    Long time lurker/buyer, first time poster.

I am looking to thin the herd as I have a few beautiful instruments that no longer see the light of day. They are too nice to live in their case so hoping they can go to someone that shows them the love they deserve...Plus won't allow myself to buy anything new until I decrease the collection :)

Lakland Hollowbody Skyline: $975 -> $900 -> $850 NOW
    Up next is a gold metallic lakland skyline hollowbody. This is the original line with Barolini pickups (not the chi-sonics) and larger body. Currently strung with flatwounds, light weight, and brings the thump. Comes with original hardshell case which is in great condition. Controls are volume and tone for each Bartolini pickup, 3-way pickup switch, humbucker/single-coil toggle. Includes case candy.

Full disclosure, there are a few marks, though nothing affects playability and should be shown in photos.
    IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2060.JPG IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2059.JPG IMG_2054.JPG IMG_2056.JPG IMG_2053.JPG IMG_2058.JPG IMG_2057.JPG IMG_2049.JPG IMG_2052.JPG

Modulus Vintage Jazz: SOLD
    First up is my 2001 Modulus VJ. It has an upgraded spalted maple top, active Bartolini preamp (NTBT, I believe), Bartolini pickups, and the rear routed modern control layout. Just brought it into Guru guitars in Raleigh to have set up and plays like butter. (new strings) I don't know the exact weight, but a bit heavy (around 10.5 lbs, I suspect, can get exact number if interested). I got this while in high school and always kept the best care of it.

Nut: 1.5"
    Scale Length: 34"
    Fretboard: Phenolic
    Preamp: Bartolini NTBT (Vol., Blend, Bass, Treble)
    Pickup: Bartolini
    Top: Spalted Maple
    Frets: 21
    Hardshell case included (above average condition; I'm from Hawaii so it has gone through the airlines a few times)

Full disclosure, 1-2 screws show some tarnish/rust and the tuning keys show slight tarnish, otherwise seems to be in excellent condition. Should be in the pictures. Lastly, I had this signed by Victor Wooten when he came to Hawaii. Includes case candy

(The photos were taken before the restring, so don't worry about string condition, and some were taken with older iphone. I can get more or better photos if needed)

modulus neck. modulus back. modulus serial. modulus full. Modulus front.

IMG_3268.JPG IMG_3203.JPG IMG_3210.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG

I am open to consider trades too (+/- cash if required).

If you have any questions, want more photos, or anything else that may come up, please hit me up and I will do my best :)

thanks for looking!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Nice Modulus. Does it have a truss rod?

3. ulty_arnie

Oct 17, 2008
    It does have a truss rod, adjustable at the neck pocket on the body. Should be viewable in the photos, and have the allen wrench in the case.

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nice basses

ulty_arnie likes this.
  5. jones4m

jones4m

Apr 2, 2011
    Interested in the Modulus. Are those active PU's ? (9V or 18V) Are you in Raleigh?

6. ulty_arnie

Oct 17, 2008
    Modulus sold, and Price drop on Lakland to $900.

firefighta115 likes this.
  7. ulty_arnie

Oct 17, 2008
    price drop...$850

8. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    30" scale?

9. ulty_arnie

Oct 17, 2008
    This is the 34" scale length model