1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED PRICE DROP!! "New" MIA Peavey Cirrus 6 String Bass (Walnut)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bass10bfb, Feb 5, 2015.

1. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Price:
    see thread
    Strings:
    Ok guys; this is a MAJOR trade feeler going out for this one. I just picked up this new 2006 Peavey Cirrus 6 string bass a couple of weeks ago.

******* Please note: this bass is now for trade or for sale as of April 1st, 2015. *******

***PRICE DROP $1,300 SHIPPED IN THE U.S.A.***

☆☆☆PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS A MIA PEAVEY, MADE IN ONE OF THE MISSISSIPPI PLANTS, CONFIRMED BY SERIAL NUMBER THROUGH PEAVEY CUSTOMER SERVICE. I CAN VERIFY BY EMAILS.☆☆☆

It literally hung on the wall at the music store from 2009 until I bought it. I am sure some people probably came in and played it here and there, but it is still considered new. I still have the warranty card and I have not even registered it yet. I have the Peavey card info and the Peavey case that came with it.
    I absolutely love this bass. So easy to get great tones of every kind out of it. There is a simple reason why I am putting this ad up. As many of you probably already know, I have been sick for quite a while and my daughter actually plays bass full time in our church praise team now. If I am able to play any more, I will be playing guitar at church when I do. So the Peavey, for me, would just be played around the house. My daughter has tried playing it some but is having some trouble getting used to the 35' scale. She might be able to get used to it, but I just wanted to put a feeler out to see what is out there. She has very small hands and I just don't see her getting used to and playing the 35' scale basses.
    As far as trades, she really loves 5 string Warwick basses. She has 2 already, but another one would make her happy I am sure, and I am happy if she is happy.:D:D:D:D
    BUT FEEL FREE TO OFFER UP ANY 5 STRING TRADES. We would also love a Fender American Deluxe Precision 5 String. ALSO, we might be interested in the right 4 string bass if it came along (possibly some kind of Warwick or a MIA P Deluxe). Feel free to offer anything. I always like a good trade now and then!!!
    Any Fender P bass or Jazz bass will be considered now, with preference going to active basses such as American Deluxe Series and such. 5 strings are preferred as well. But 4's will be considered.

I will let the pics speak for themselves; this is an absolutely beautiful bass!!!

PeaveyCirrus033_zps0c8dda37.jpg

PeaveyCirrus032_zpse5c24c72.jpg

PeaveyCirrus031_zpsfa531903.jpg

PeaveyCirrus029_zps4ac463e9.jpg

PeaveyCirrus030_zps2e3bec4d.jpg

PeaveyCirrus034_zps4692d86d.jpg

PeaveyCirrus028_zps52847658.jpg

PeaveyCirrus027_zpsc015839e.jpg

PeaveyCirrus006_zps00ba6a20.jpg

PeaveyCirrus024_zps56547512.jpg

PeaveyCirrus025_zpsf8367af4.jpg

PeaveyCirrus011_zpsb9f6b8de.jpg

PeaveyCirrus015_zpsb5886d0e.jpg

PeaveyCirrus026_zps3b48e614.jpg

PeaveyCirrus005_zps038fe742.jpg

PeaveyCirrus010_zpsd900ad7e.jpg

PeaveyCirrus009_zpsa8a89fd6.jpg

PeaveyCirrus039_zps2f629451.jpg

PeaveyCirrus038_zps03146b7c.jpg

PeaveyCirrus008_zps8c74091e.jpg

Please PM with any offers and any questions you have. Thanks for looking and God Bless!!!!
    Barry

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    TTT...... keep the offers coming; lots of interest locally and here. One thing to note; I CAN'T put any money on my end towards a deal. My financial situation due to being sick and unable to work makes that impossible. Thanks for understanding!!

3. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Man,

That is a nice bass. I have been tempted for awhile now to get one of these. I've seen a few come and go on eBay. I have held off largely because these basses don't have fretboard markers, which probably seems like kind of a pathetic reason...yeah...I do use markers to get around somewhat, but it is kind of an aesthetic thing too; I just find naked fretboards strange-looking, ha ha (one exception: fretless basses.) HOWEVER, I do see that this bass his side dots on the 'board...hhhmmmmm...better than nothing...:)

4. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Oh if only she wanted a 4 string

5. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    pm sent

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If this item is available for sale, it needs to have a posted price.
    Thank you

7. kuuuks

kuuuks

Jul 22, 2010
    How about 2007/2008 American fender deluxe jazz V ????

Attached Files:

8. Phillip B

Phillip B Chilling in the Sunshine State!

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    nice bass!

9. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Still only interested in trades on this?

10. leurastus

leurastus

Jun 7, 2005
    Do you have a cash price ?

11. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    TTT....... with a change in status. The bass is now available for trade or for sale (price is in original post now). I will accept partial trade/cash deals as well, but no cash from my end at all is available.

12. PM Sent

13. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Do you know the string spacing at the bridge?

Approx weight?

14. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    TTT.... also please note; if you have a bass worth more than mine but are interested, I have more items to add to a trade, including a Carvin 32 channel mixing board (great condition) and a DBX Driverack Pro as well as some other items. If that sounds interesting, PM me and we can talk. I have dropped the price and I am going to take the Hipshot tuners off and install a brand new set of the original tuners back on it. I have not had any offers since installing the Hipshots. I will also go ahead and install a brand new set of D'addario strings on it as well. The Hipshot Ultralites are available for sale now as well.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  15. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    PM sent and bump for a killer bass. I had one of these and have always regretted getting rid of it.

16. jasperlevi

jasperlevi

Dec 28, 2007
    Is this bass still available? I am prepared to make an offer of $1000 for it.

17. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    TTT

18. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

Cool bass, but even cooler dad!

bass10bfb likes this.
  19. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Thanks brother!! I appreciate that. I am blessed with 2 wonderful daughters, one plays bass (better than me already) :D:D. My other daughter plays piano/keys and drums as well. I am blessed indeed. I can't say enough about how special it is having my daughter playing in our worship team at church with me. Just today I was thinking how I knew that me and my family were exactly where we needed to be and were doing exactly what God had called us to do. Knowing that gives a peace and joy that words just can't explain. Grace and mercy in abundance for sure!!

B-LOW likes this.
  20. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

Beautiful! I was staring at my 8 month old son today while playing a worship set and wondering if someday he'll enjoy serving... What will be will be, but it's a blessing just to have healthy children. Keep rockin! Peace!

bass10bfb likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021