1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PRICE DROP & NEW MP3! Lakland Skyline Hollowbody Fretless, Piezo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by danjocastro, Dec 3, 2018.

1. danjocastro

danjocastro Supporting Member

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Price:
    $999
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Uploaded sound samples and dropped price to something painful for me!!!

Fretless fans unite, this is the bass you have been waiting for! $2,000 worth of bass for half of that price!

Hollowbody Fretless Bass:

Fully hollow, no center block
    Lined fretless ebony fingerboard
    Hipshot licensed ultra light tuning machines
    Single coil chi-sonic pickups

It has also been upgraded (work done professionally by SF Guitar Works):

Bone nut
    Ghost loaded Hipshot A style piezo bridge (19mm)
    Ghost preamp (9v)
    After market chrome knobs: Concentric mag volume/piezo volume knob, mag tone knob, piezo tone knob, mid switch (removes scooped eq curve, makes it flat. Piezo only, mag tone not touched by preamp in the first place.) Piezo tone pot is push pull to kill preamp, mags bypass directly to out jack. 3 way switch for mags.

Note that piezo signal strength can be adjusted inside the bass, on the preamp before it hits the volume knob. You control what 100% piezo volume knob is set for.

This bass was purchased directly from Lakland late last year. It was considered a b-stock instrument due to some cosmetic imperfections. I have tried to represent those in the photos but they are so minuscule that they don't really show up well. They are: Small crack in the finish between the neck pu and the neck. Small imperfection in the finish at the neck joint. Small imperfection in plastic pu covering (bridge).

USPS shipping is included. Only ships to CONUS. Thanks for reading.

-DC

8C5DCBED-8EAA-4D68-8AD5-BC2E04CFCB88. 4E83349C-9A84-49A3-A55D-0F0937C9BC96. A8E9474F-96E8-47E4-9AAA-3F12142A4CEA. IMG_1726.JPG IMG_1725.JPG IMG_1724.JPG IMG_1723.JPG IMG_1722.JPG IMG_1721.JPG IMG_1720.JPG IMG_1719.JPG IMG_1718.JPG IMG_1717.JPG IMG_1716.JPG IMG_1715.JPG IMG_1714.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    MJC Ironworks
    Wish I had the budget glwts

3. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Well this is motivation to get my taxes done!

danjocastro likes this.
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Daaaaamn. :drool:

5. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Sound samples?

6. danjocastro

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Sound samples...

For now I have this instagram clip:

7. laflamme

laflamme Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I'd be all over this if no fret lines. Good luck it is still a very beautiful bass.

8. danjocastro

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Thanks laflamme. You could always take a Sharpie to the veneers!

9. danjocastro

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    I uploaded audio to the original post. It is a 5 minute tour of some of the basses sounds. Some people have had trouble with getting the audio. If the audio engine throws you an error try downloading it. If that doesn't work, PM me with an email address and I will email you the mp3.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  10. Abacobob

Abacobob

Nov 21, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Hi, this bass interests me. I'm playing with a couple of big bands doing a lot of swing music. Your sound clips make me think I could get some faux upright sounds out of this. I've been playing fretted basses, so fretless is new to me. I'm trying to decide to go for something like your bass, or an entry level Squire vintage lined fretless. What kind of project did you intend to use this with? Does the piezo p/u work in both passive and active mode? I'm in Saratoga near San Jose and plan to be in the east bay (Brentwood) in the next week or two. Maybe I could take a look at the bass? Bob Burgner

11. danjocastro

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    PM sent