1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop! New & Used Strings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Malak the Mad, Aug 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Price:
    Varies
    Time to clean house! I have a number of string sets, all of the 4-string/long-scale variety, up for sale. Some new, but most of them are lightly used. (I don't gig, so no worries about extreme usage) Nothing is particularly wrong with any of them…either they just didn't "do it" for me or I somehow ended up with multiple, redundant sets.

If you're not local enough for a hand-off (for cash, of course), then PayPal is my preferred mode of payment. Shipping is included in the costs below.

I am open to trades for other roundwound strings I haven't yet tried out. Ask away!

Want a discount for buying more than one set? Gladly!
    • [SOLD] DR Flatwound "Legend" (.45 - .105): $20
    • [SOLD] DR Marcus Miller "Fat Beams" (.45 - .105): $22
    • [SOLD] DR Black Beauties (.40 - .100): $18
    • [SOLD] Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalts (.45 - .100): $22
    • [SOLD] D'Addario EXL170 Nickels (.45 - .100): $12
    • [SOLD] D'Addario ECB80 Chromes (.40 - .95): $20
    • [TRADED] D'Addario EXPR170 "Reds" (coated & copper-plated, .45 - .100): $20

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. imdkoz

imdkoz

Nov 16, 2006
    Tennessee
    What are the used strings cut for? Thanks.

3. Malak the Mad

34" long-scale Fenders and Squiers.

4. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    PM sent

5. Malak the Mad

...and answered!

6. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    And paid.

7. Malak the Mad

The Ernie Ball Super Slinky set is SOLD!

Thanks, Laurent! :thumbsup:

8. Malak the Mad

One set of GHS Boomers gone by way of a trade.

9. Malak the Mad

Price Drop Monday!

10. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    How old are these?
    Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalts (.45 - .100): $22

11. Malak the Mad

They are barely used. I opened up the package last year, but I only kept them on a parts-bass project for a few weeks. Since then, they've been stored in their original packaging. They have not been gigged with. (I don't gig. I'm more of a hobbyist/collector/assembler-of-parts-basses.)

12. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    Are they cut for a fender 4IL?

13. Malak the Mad

Yes indeed, except for the one, unopened pack of GHS Boomers.

14. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    Pm sent

15. Malak the Mad

DR Marcus Miller's and Ernie Ball Cobalts are on hold pending payment.

16. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    Payment sent. Thanks!
    sg

17. Malak the Mad

…and SOLD! The DR Marcus Millers and Ernie Ball Cobalts are off the table.

Thanks, Sil!

18. Malak the Mad

The GHS Boomers and Black Beauties are SOLD!

19. Malak the Mad

I'm adding a pair of Rotosound Swing Bass 66's (one new, one used) to this sale thread.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  20. Malak the Mad

Further price-drops on the remaining strings.