Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

price drop on essex basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jiro, May 22, 2005.

1. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Is it just me or did the SX SJB-62QMD Price drop 40 dollars?! at rondomusic.net

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    How low can they go?

3. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    It looks like that's not the only one with a price drop! I just got a MIM Jazz, but I might have to pick me up a Precision at that price! $89.99! Hot damn!

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    ...dang.

O well, my QMD was definately worth it...

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    The standard (62) Jazz didn't drop, but most of the other models did. The cheaper Jazz basses are now the fugly ones with the stripes and flamed top. :rolleyes:

$90 is nice.

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
  7. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    You think the flamed maple ones are ugly? I got one of those for a friend (sunburst) and got a black pickguard for it. It's HOTT!! Believe me.

-Eric.

8. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    hey where did you get the black pickguard for it?

9. Tim Hall

Tim Hall

May 23, 2005
    I saw this last night, and picked up a Jazz bass. I was only disappointed that the fretless prices didn't drop along with the fretted, or I'd have gotten one of each.

Tim

10. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    *in best Crazy Eddie voice* The prices are insaaaaane!

And though this one wasn't affected, I'm probably the only one on talkbass that actually thinks this one looks cool: http://www.rondomusic.net/sb301.html (and I'm not some rawk kid either...I'm 27.)

11. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    I just discovered the same thing. heh.
    Ah well, maybe they'll drop the fretless next week. ^_^

12. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Give it a new head and some humbuckers, and I'd be pretty interested in it =D

13. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    well, the sb301...looks just like my Ibanez, except for its lime green.

14. Staceman

Staceman

Mar 8, 2005
    Everett, PA
    Actually, I too think it looks pretty cool. There's a lot of negative posts on here about this particular model, but many admit they're just basing it on it's looks, and that no one really has any first-hand experience with it.

I was just about sold on the sb301, but couldn't decide between it and the SJB-62QMD. With the price drop now, I'm fairly certain the SJB-62 will be my next bass purchase, especially with the good reviews of it on here. :)

15. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Did they change the headstock on the SJB-75 or do they still have that fish hook look?

16. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Are these good basses? I mean they look good... and the price is tasty... but I've never ever played one.

17. SebbyNC

SebbyNC

Mar 17, 2005
    Guadeloupe

This model is a perfect copy of the Japanese/Korean Bass Collection SB301, which was itself a copy of the Tune Bassmaniac design.

18. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Yikes!!! $89 for a P and $99 for a J. I spent most of last night trying to justify $400 on a used FrankenJazz. I could get the 62 and 75 J's plus cases and shipping in the ballpark of $400. Hmmmm....

I'm not a big fan of gold hardware, anyone have any direct experience with the durability of SX's gold plating/finish?

19. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    What hapened to the Fenderbird and the 8-string bass??? :bawl:

20. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    The Gold hardware is pretty good on mine, not coming off or antyhing...