1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Price drop - Steffen Kuhnla master series

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Joe_Bass87, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Joe_Bass87

Joe_Bass87 Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    Steffen Kuhnla master series bow. Weight is around 135-140g, playing length is about 22 3/8 inches.

Design and craftsmanship are simple, elegant, and sleek. Feels amazing in the hand. The curve is beautiful.

Plays exceptionally well for orchestral and solo. I tried $4000-$5000 bows when I purchased this. This one beat them for feel, articulation, and sound in the hall. Kuhnlas are played in major orchestras and have the reputation of being a steal at the price. I'm selling mine because I'm switching to French, and Kuhnla will be a top candidate for my new bow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Beautiful bow, can you be a little more specific on it's actual weight?

3. Joe_Bass87

Joe_Bass87 Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2017
    I don't have an accurate scale to do that... What I can say is that it is a well balanced bow, articulates sharply, draws a big sound, and is quite agile. I'm not a fan of a German bow that feels like a club, and this is not that.

I have someone trying it at the moment. I can let you know if it is still available, I am willing to ship for trial - we would use paypal which holds the money to provide protection for both buyer and seller.