1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED - PRICE DROP- Sugi NB4 Night Breeze 4 Standard, Black/Natural (Swamp Ash/Aqua Timber Maple)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thinkingingrey, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Update (December 13, 2018): Now entertaining trades.

Listed here is a Sugi NB4 (Night Breeze) Standard Series bass. This is a handcrafted boutique bass from Japan made by Makoto "Nick" Sugimoto, who is known for his innovations in Fujigen producing iconic high-end instruments from Ibanez (Prestige, Jem). Sugi is his original brand for guitars and basses; with his reputation as one of Japan's most esteemed builders, there is no question that his instruments boast the quality and standards to bear his name.

The Night Breeze is Sugi's flagship line for basses, proudly crafted in Japan. Despite some cosmetic scuffs, the bass is in great cosmetic condition and well-cared for. Needless to say, it is a beautiful instrument with a lot of heft and substance to offer. Best of all, it is blissfully versatile. If I can describe it, the Sugi NB has a fundamentally jazz bass flavor, but with extra warmth that can range anywhere from being crisp and clear to woody with a nice throatiness. Low action, and the neck is so comfortable (not to mention the beautiful wood grain pattern on the fretboard!).

Only selling this one because I already own a second Sugi, and could use the funds for my upcoming custom order.

Imported to the US new, this bass would run at $3,500-$4,000 + international shipping + import tax. You could save yourself from all of that hassle; my price is $2,000 shipped. A hard case will be included.

---
    Specs below:

Body : Swamp ash
    Neck : Aqua Timber Maple(center) × Maple 5P Neck
    Fretboard : Flamed Maple
    Active Bartolini 2-band preamp
    Control : 2 Volume, 1 Tone
    Tuning Machines : GOTOH GB350
    Bridge : GOTOH 404 BO-4
    Hardware Color : Gold
    Finish : Solid Black Body, Natural Finish Neck
    Sugi Abalone Bat Inlay
    ---

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    ModuMan, 123321 and Adam Wright like this.
  2. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Awesome basses. Still on the lookout for a 5'er. GLWTS!

thinkingingrey likes this.
  3. Toptube

Toptube Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    @thinkingingrey That's a sweet bass but I'm guessing it has a skinny neck and 1.5" nut right? (making it perfect for everyone BUT me)