1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop! Veillette Mark IV Fretless Six String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by KenMoore05, Feb 20, 2019.

1. KenMoore05

KenMoore05 Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Price:
    $1800
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Singlecut fretless six string Veillette Mark IV Bass. The serial number is 002 on the headstock and it’s signed by Joe and dated Sept 2001. I emailed Joe, and he said very few of these were made.

This bass has been in a case for the last 15 years and is in fantastic condition. The electronics work great and everything is straight and original, down to the black nylon strings!

There is a small gap in the neck pocket on the body (last picture), but from what I’ve read and heard from Joe, this is 100% normal. Because of the bridge and one bolt neck construction, the only way to adjust the action is putting shims between the neck and body. The joint is very firm and shows no sign of weakness.

This is a VERY nice bass and would be a great addition to any collection! Will ship well packed in the Veillette gig bag. Let me know if you have any questions at all! I’m in the Denver/Colorado Springs area, so if you want to see it in person, let me know and we can work something out!
    3F945565-063B-48FC-A7B8-1FEC10534F25.jpeg 19B89174-2B86-4F55-A491-6CE428330FC7.jpeg CB606FA6-4AB6-47C0-998B-CE8BDD61BC6C.jpeg E2A456AA-A985-4D2D-88CB-F564C78FEA74.jpeg AFB7E312-8746-4388-A687-9CD1731104EB.jpeg 48801EE7-DC8B-44D7-BA76-D2C56C1F7ED4.jpeg

2. That’s pretty sweet! These do not show up for sale very often.

3. Man that’s cool and looks like a killer deal. Curious about the weight and specs please. The bass is beautiful. How do these balance with this shape? I can’t play a stienberger because of the body? Obviously this is different but a bit similar. GLWTS

PS; Did you know Phil “Fingers’ Pharrell, bass player that lived in Black Forrest? (Close friend)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  4. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    Right?! It’s a very cool bass, but definitely has a limited market. 6 string unlined fretless basses aren’t exactly what most people play... lol

When I get home I’ll weigh it on my luggage scale (the best way I have to weigh it). I’ll also see if I can’t post a link to the specs.
    I feel like it balances very well, but I haven’t played it a lot with a strap, mostly just sitting on my lap.

I don’t know Phil, I just moved to Colorado three months ago. I’m definitely trying to build my network out here though!

TolerancEJ likes this.
  5. I totally get it, but I fall into the rare exception catergory. I have 2 Fretless 6-string basses.

KenMoore05 likes this.
  6. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    Definitely the minority! If you need another one, just let me know!
    What kind of music are you playing that takes advantage of those basses?

TolerancEJ likes this.
  7. I've been playing progressive rock with a few guys. I just grab whichever bass I feel like bringing. Most often, I'll have fretted but I bring fretless sometimes if/when I feel like it.

KenMoore05 likes this.
  8. steubig

steubig

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    scale and string spacing would be good to know.

ElMon likes this.
  9. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Ive been fortunate to play several Villette guitars and basses, there are VERY fine instruments.

GLWS

KenMoore05 likes this.
  10. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    Here’s the best write up on the bass I could find. I’ll take some unofficial measurements and post them today. (The weight is on its way too, I misplaced my scale...)

Veillette Guitars in the Press

11. Loring

Loring

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    Beautiful bass - if it were a 5 it would be mine...

KenMoore05 likes this.
  12. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    7A458FB4-C6D5-4150-9C46-D18B204E2146.jpeg
    Best measurement on my little luggage scale. It’s coming in anywhere between 9.5-10.2lbs.

1.875” at the nut, and roughly 19mm string spacing at the bridge. I don’t have a string spacing rule, so with a tape measurer that’s as close as I can get. Sorry, there aren’t a lot of sites I could find with specs for this bass...

steubig likes this.
  13. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    Oh, and it’s a 34” scale.

steubig likes this.
  14. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    Last and only Price Drop! Get it now for $1800 shipped CONUS! This will be coming down in a couple weeks if it doesn’t sell at this price. Thanks for looking!

peterpalmieri likes this.
  15. gscroggin

gscroggin Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    CT
    Damn, I have the 5 string version of this and have always wanted a 6! Unfortunately I just bought another bass the other day here on TB. I wonder if Loring is serious about getting a 5...perhaps we could work out something here.

TolerancEJ and KenMoore05 like this.
  16. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    Sounds good to me!

17. cheapimitation

cheapimitation Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2007
    1.875" at the nut sounds pretty narrow... is that the entire width of the nut, or the distance from lowest to highest strings?

18. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    I think it was string to string. I’ve never actually had to measure a nut by hand before, so I wasn’t sure what the proper way to do it was.

19. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars Commercial User

Aug 25, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars
    This should be about 2" at the nut IIRC.
    I did much of the work on this bass during my time at Veillette.
    This one goes back a ways so my recollection is not 100%, but I believe that is/was the spec.
    Definitely 20" fingerboard radius, 19mm bridge spacing.

Cheers,
    Martin

gscroggin and KenMoore05 like this.
  20. KenMoore05

Apr 3, 2017
    Thanks for the info Martin! It’s pretty hard to find the specs for this bass!