1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop: Xylem Vesovio Custom 6-String Bass - Luthier Built Carl Thompson Inspired Scroll Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sludgetail, May 30, 2019.

1. sludgetail

sludgetail Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Price:
    Strings:

Cost as ordered new from Xylem today: $5,250.00 + 2-3 Year Wait List Confirmed with Anthony at Xylem

8lbs 12oz - Nice & Light + Super Thin Beautiful Build

Hi All,

Cost as ordered new from Xylem today: $5,250.00

Current Wait-Time at Xylem is 2-3 years for a Custom
    Build

Selling my Custom Xylem Vesovio 6 String bass. She's beautiful, lightweight and thin, absolutely rumbles and sounds deeper, punchy and more articulate than most of the heavyweights out there. I purchased it in order to satisfy my Carl Thompson Bass G.A.S. as I didn’t have $12k lying around, but didn’t want to compromise quality. So I went in search of custom build luthiers in the U.S. who have a great track record and build to spec, with attention to detail, using the finest woods and components available. Unfortunately she’s not getting the play she deserves (I play my 4 stringers daily), and I don't like stuff sitting around and not getting use.

Anthony Olinger at Xylem is a world class luthier and his quality build & attention to detail is bar-none at the top of the game, and his wait-list shows; it's stacked for a 2-3 years last I checked before listing this. Anthony is also really responsive to emails and helpful as heck - my kinda guy.

His work is also commissioned here by Chicago Music Exchange, who can't keep them in stock, just ask Marc Najjar, Mgr of the Bassment at Chicago Music Exchange, who I picked this up from — did I mention they can’t keep ‘em in stock?! This guy as spec’d would run $5,250 today + a 2-3 year build.

Custom wound Villex V2JLH jazz bass pickups make her sound and feel like an active bass, but she's fully passive, plenty of tone in this J-pickup config and controls the way Villex hooks it up. He’s local here to Orange County and awesome to deal with. These are their linear humbuckers in jazz profile and they are nothing short of amazing, especially considering they’re passive.

This six string bass is an absolute joy to play, but I'm playing my 4-bangers more, and this has unfortunately sat in its case since I got it, in a climate controlled studio with very minimal wear.

Extras - you'll get the original Xylem Gig bag, but I found that the GruvGear Gigblade2 ($193) was a nicer, cushier case for her... it's brand new and tagged, just been closeted since arrival and is included! I keep my stuff clean and this bass is no exception. Will also include a 3 new sets of La Bella, Ernie Ball and DR LoRiders for the buyer.

Serious buyers, please free to message me for links to full pics of the extensive ground-up build + sound samples, as Reverb removes links in postings.

Build Pics are included above -- remember this is a custom bass so there is a ton of pics documenting the build from scratch and carefully selected and shaped tone woods.

If you've been searching for a Carl Thompson Scroll Bass, but don't want to shell out the $10-12k with no compromise in quality or tone, here's a killer hand-crafted alternative from a reputable Colorada, USA luthier who knows how to make thin basses sound gigantic, expressive, and alive in the mids & highs.

• Bloodwood Cap
    • Limba Body
    • Maple thru-neck with a medium profile
    • 2 1/8" wide nut
    • Ebony Fretboard; 20" radius
    • 36" Scale
    • 8lbs 12oz - extremely light considering she's a sixer and neck is extremely comfy with this radius and that tight thin body + no dive
    • Neck Thickness: .81" at the 1st fret, .96" at the 12th fret
    • String thru or bridge -- to help you get the right thump on the Low B
    • Killer Black Hipshot Hardware
    • Villex V2JLH Linear Humbuckers - Jazz Profile

Price Includes Shipping to Your Door -- Shipped Insured with Reverb Protection Along with the All the Extras. If you've never shipped a bass before, pls know it's not cheap, especially when packed properly with insurance.

Even with shipping fees as crazy as they are, they are still included in the cost of the instrument.

Build Pics:
    Six String Bass Build - Limba and Bloowood Bass with Long Scale

Sound Samples:
    Custom Bass Vesovio - Untouched Clean Sound Samples - Xylem Basses

Anthony is also on TB (@XylemBassGuitar) and active via Twitter, IG and Facebook...

PRICE DROP 7/6/19 - $2395 Shipped!

Have sold for years on both Reverb (preferred seller) and decades on eBay, click the links to see my feedback and what people are saying. I pack like a beast and you get my cell at purchase. If you'd like to save $100, pickup in SoCal is okay and preferred; I'm in the city of Orange.

EDIT: *NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES

WILL BE LISTING MORE RARE BASSES IN NEXT FEW DAYS - JUST THINNING HERD, THX GUYS!

Xylem1.jpg
    Xylem2.jpg
    xylem3.jpg
    xylem4.jpg
    xylem5.jpg
    xylem6.jpg
    xylem7.jpg
    xylem8.jpg
    Xylem.JPG
    GigBlade.JPG
    IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    Gigblade2.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Wow! These do not appear in the TB Classifieds often.

sludgetail likes this.
  3. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    For sure brother, tough to get your hands on without paying the custom premium and wait. I wish I had more use for a 6, but I gotta take the wife on vacation soon and would rather it go to a home where she's played often and helps create some beautiful or heavy music :) Thx my friend

TolerancEJ likes this.
  4. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    That is such a stunning bass and a fantastic price.
    Too bad it is 36" scale otherwise I would have been all over it.

KUETSUM and sludgetail like this.
  5. sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Thanks LatinBass for sure -- thx for the kind words, much appreciated always.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021