1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Price for a custom shop Jazz bass? Geddy Lee specs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Presto2112, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Does anyone know how much it would cost for a bass like Geddy's red one? I don't want anything extra like a preamp or anything just a reissue (closest classic). I'm debating whether to save for one.

2. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Jan 21, 2011
    YYZ
    I'm guessing 3 to 5k... But you should contact an authorized Fender CS dealer for a quote...

I would buy a GL signature or a USA deluxe (with bound blocked neck) & have a custom made body (maybe Warmoth).

Although the Fender CS stuff is very good & you likely wouldn't be disappointed with the finished piece.

3. with that money I could just buy a 72' jazz bass haha which is on my wishlist. I've been thinking about building one myself, how are all parts necks? GL and USA Deluxe necks are expensive sadly. I really dig the red flame top bass of Geddy's and his new Surf green one he's using on the new tour.

4. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Jan 21, 2011
    YYZ
    I heard allparts necks are of decent quality but "chunky". I have no first hand experience with them.

Maybe a used GL - you'll have everything but the body... Or a Squier VM Jazz...