Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

price for a used Fender P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassguitar, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Is 350.00 CDN a decent price for a used MIM Fender P? Black with white pg. I haven't played it yet, but it looks to be in decent shape.

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    That might be a tad too much, cause you can get it for just about that much new.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    mmmmmm not in Canada you can't. A new P bass here goes for around 500 or more. I would say 350 is still a little steep unless it's mint and plays like a dream. Try and drop him to 320 and your getting a deal.

4. Offer him a cool $300 and i think you could have yourself a new bass.

5. Won't take a penny less than 350 plus tax. Didn't have an amp to plug it in to either, though he claimed it was working fine. Not worth it I don't think.

Oh well. Keep looking at the pawn shops I guess.

It's in one on Church in T.O. if anyone else is interested.

6. I wouldn't take it either if there was no way to try it. Pawn shop guys are notorious for being shady.

7. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Tell him to stick it... Check your local classified ads. I know Ottawa has the Ottawa musician website and I am sure Toronto must have something similar. Stay away from pawn shops.