1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Price for an Ibanez EDA905

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eldarking, Sep 11, 2002.

1. eldarking

eldarking Guest

Jul 7, 2001
    Witham, Essex, UK
    Hi everyone.
    I've been playing the bass for about 3 years. My first (and current) bass is a Tanglewood Rebel 4K.
    I've decided to move up in the bass world by buying a 5-string, as they seem to be becoming more popular. The Ibanez EDA 905 immediately caught my eye, but I have so far been unable to find a price for it in any shops or websites. The closest I've got to a price is on an American mail-order site in dollars. I have converted it over to UK£ but I wondered if there would be any price variation between the US and UK.

Cheers
    Eldarking

2. I have the same Tanglewood. Mine is pretty decent, better after a pickup upgrade.

EDA905, eh? I've seen em go for under £500, around £470 AFAIK. BTB's are better basses at £430 though. What's your price range?

3. eldarking

eldarking Guest

Jul 7, 2001
    Witham, Essex, UK
    My price range is £400 to £500, for those who want to know

4. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey, I'm also looking for a new bass, and i have the same price-range. I am right now looking at a warwick streamer, though i don't like the looks.

5. As a fretted, I personally don't like the EDA. The new fretless will kill, I think.

For your range, an Ibanez BTB or ATK would be much better IMO. Give them a try. BTB is £430, ATK is £389.