Price for my used Hartke combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TyKao, Aug 31, 2004.

1. TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey guys, I have a 7 year old Hartke combo amp that I want to sell and was thinking of going to the various used music store shops in Richmond, Va to see if I could unload it. I might eBay it too, but a local way of getting rid of my amp would be convenient

Here's a picture and some specs:

15" Driver, Dual-Ported Cabinet
    2000 hybrid amp head (200 Watts@4 Ohms, 120 Watts@8)
    Selectable Tube & Solid-State Preamps
    Rotary Bass & Treble Contour Controls
    10-Band Graphic Eq
    Adjustable Compression
    Effects Send & Return Loop
    Frequency Response: 40 Hz To 2.5 kHz
    Dimensions: 23"(H) X 20.5"(W) X 16"(D)
    Weight: 70 lb. s

The amp's missing 2 eq slider knobs. I installed 4 nonremovable casters on it myself. It has recently been reconed and everything else looks to be in good working order. I paid $670 for it back in 1997. How much should I expect for it?

PS - If this is the wrong forum, I apologize in advance.
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i havent seent that specific amp for sale but ive seen alot of the kickback combos. hartke puts out a great combo i think youd probably get, and this is an educated guess, around $350-400 for it on ebay. If you sell it to a store next to nothing.
  3. TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks for the reply, Hyperlitem.

What do you mean by "next to nothing?" Are used music stores that harsh with the bargaining? I've heard that eBay has become the default price guide because it's so prevalent and everyone knows about it so they'd have to be decently close to the price it'd go for on eBay.
  4. GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Music stores won't give you much money, as they need to turn around & mark it up for re-sale. I've dealt with that type of thing alot in the past. Your best bet is to list it locally, either in the paper or on craig' Those are great combo amps & you should still be able to get about $400 (as previously stated). I would love a hartke 1x15 cab to go with my 4x10 cab. Ebay is good if you can snag a local buyer & then you won't need to package/ship it. You have to be careful though, I bought an old fender twin on ebay & it arrived with a crack in the side of the cab from shipping. Either that or the seller was dishonest about it's condition.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No they wouldn't. They'll typically pay one-fourth of list price if it's in excellent condition. Go down from there.
  6. GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. I had an old 1973 or so Fender musicmaster bass combo amp; it had tubes, a litle 12" bass speaker, & was in mint shape. I was hard up for cash & took it to a music store. They gave me $60 for it. I saw it later for $250. Lame! :rolleyes:
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The music stores around here take street value, cut it in half, and that's your take.....