Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Price Guide for basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cosmicevan, Feb 12, 2003.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Sorry for the semi-cross post (i posted this question during a reply in a thread about a vintage fender)...

I've been looking for some sort of blue book or price guide for bass. I'm looking for the most current and complete guide available. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

2. I think the consensus is that there is no official price guide for vintage gear.

If I were dealing in the New York area, I'd check out the cost of vintage gear at the stores, in the local papers and on Ebay and work from there.

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Vintage Guitar Mag puts out an (I think) annual price guide. I see most vintage dealers whip it out and refer to it. If you look at the advertised prices among the big vintage shops, of course there's some I saw way out in left field, but for the most part they're not that far off.

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Here's a site. It's not free; however, there is some free information.

Blue Book

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    VG does put out a price guide. I have one. Its ok, somethings are a little off, but it can help. Problem is its Vintage gear hence the name and not for up to date bass builders.

6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    thanks guys! you've been a big help...keep em coming!

7. Like I said before...there's TONS of vintage gear price guides...:bag: