PRICE LOWERED! New FBB 6 string for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by knight, Apr 15, 2004.

1. knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Ok, I really need the cash for my move now, so go ahead and make me some unreasonable offers. I might crack...

I'm moving from the US and although Matt has offered to take care of the sale, I'd rather just sell it before I leave. At this price, it's a steal, and I'm losing quite a lot of money on it. If you were to order this bass, it would cost $2,700. I'm willing to sell for a fraction of that.

I had this bass built for me by Matt at FBB. I received it last week, but due to a cash shortage I need to sell it. It's brand new, comes with a luxury padded gigbag. You can see it at -- go to Inventory, it's #1074. Here are the specs:

- 5 piece figured cocobolo/white oak/mahogany body, matching cavity cover
    - 7 piece flame maple/purpleheart neck
    - Graphite reinforcement rods
    - Gloss lacquer finish (rare on FBBs)
    - Macassar ebony fingerboard, abalone inlays
    - 2 Bartolini soapbars
    - 2 Series/paralles switches (close to bridge in pics)
    - East U-Retro Deluxe preamp (with passive tone)
    - Neutrik locking jack
    - Black tuners
    - Black Hipshot 3-way adjustable bridge
    - Black Schaller straplocks

This bass is extremely well built and versatile, but unfortunately it has to go. If you ordered this bass today, list price with all the options would be 2,765.

This bass is BRAND NEW. Please email me with any questions.

2. Your bass is beutiful and i can attest to FBB quality being an owner of one of Matt's works of art. Good luck with the sale, man. I wish i could relieve you of that bass.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    where is the oak used ?
  4. knight

Nov 3, 2002
    Thanks for the replies guys, I have had much interest in the bass but it's still available. Nick, thanks for the kind words.

Don, the oak is the 2nd and 4th laminate: cocobolo/oak/mahog/oak/cocobolo.

5. joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    That # 74 looks just like my #68 with just 2 more strings!

Hey Nick,

you the one I saw playing at trans performance in 'hamp last year?
  6. knight

Nov 3, 2002
    The bass is still available. It's in Matt's shop in MA. Get in touch with me if you're interested.

7. knight

Nov 3, 2002