1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Price Lowered to $900 incl. shipping Walkabout Scout 112 combo, like new

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by funkmaster p, May 15, 2017.

1. funkmaster p

funkmaster p Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Brunswick, GA
    Price:
    $900
    Walkabout. IMG_1742.JPG IMG_1745.JPG I purchased this Walkabout Scout brand new in a factory-sealed box from an authorized Mesa dealer, but because of their 48 hour return policy, I'm screwed.

Amp is in perfect, like new condition and includes the original box and paperwork. I will include my original bill of sale so that you may have the warranty, which I believe is 5 years.

Shipping only within continental US only.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Matt R and Mastermold like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    IMG_0221.JPG I kinda of thought the same, but I fixed it with this..GLWYS

3. lethal dose

lethal dose

Apr 10, 2016
    Any interest in a deluxe active jazz bass plus cash? Bass is absolutely mint.

Attached Files:

4. funkmaster p

Jul 15, 2012
    Brunswick, GA
    Thank you for the trade offer. I don't have any equipment needs at the moment.

lethal dose likes this.
  5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    8 ohms I presume?
    thanks

6. funkmaster p

Jul 15, 2012
    Brunswick, GA
    Chef,
    4 ohm version.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    k; thanks

8. lethal dose

lethal dose

Apr 10, 2016
    By four ohm, does thy men the internal driver is four ohm and, therefore, unable to run an extension?

9. funkmaster p

Jul 15, 2012
    Brunswick, GA
    Yes, the internal driver is 4 ohm. There have been a ton of threads that can explain this better than I can. In a nutshell, there have been many reports from people running this combo at 2 or 2.6 ohms without issue, although Mesa doesn't recommend it.

If you are planning on running this combo with an 8 ohm external cabinet the majority of the time, you could buy an 8 ohm speaker for the scout, available directly through the Mesa site.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I run my 15" Mesa 4ohm combo and 4ohm cab all the time. Been doing it for several years and ridiculous volumes. I know the OP can't really recommend it but I certainly can. And I don't have a dog in the fight.

I recently sent the head to Mesa for a freshening up and the bench tech mentioned nothing about excess wear on the amp. A good cleaning and a strong bench test and she was back out the door.

Either way, this combo is truly impressive.

Dwight Trash and funkmaster p like this.
  11. lethal dose

lethal dose

Apr 10, 2016
    I'm looking at a few of these. How does one know if it's a 4 ohm or 8 ohm model?

12. lethal dose

lethal dose

Apr 10, 2016
    Also, where in GA are ya?

13. funkmaster p

Jul 15, 2012
    Brunswick, GA
    Others are welcome to chime in, in case I'm giving out incorrect info. The 4 ohm is the main default configuration for the Walkabout Scout. If you buy one new, it will be 4 ohm, unless it was specifically ordered to be 8. If you are buying used, you will have to ask the seller what speaker it has, if it wasn't mentioned in the somewhere in their item's details.

I am located in Brunswick, GA which is the approximate midpoint between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL.

14. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Daytona beach, Fl
    If you still have this in a week two when I move to Florida ill swinging through on my way down

funkmaster p likes this.
  15. funkmaster p

Jul 15, 2012
    Brunswick, GA
    Sounds good, thanks!

16. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Bowen Island, CANADA
    Great combo. I've owned both 4&8ohm models and would not recommend the 8ohm version. Go figure. This 4ohm combo can't be beat! Glwts

funkmaster p likes this.