1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Price of a Used 98 MIA Fender Jazz 4 string passive

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmandavey, Nov 11, 2001.

1. bassmandavey

bassmandavey

Aug 29, 2001
    A guy I know wants to sell his MIA Fender Jazz to me. My question is what is a fair price to ask? Its all original with no modifications and the bass is in excellent condition ... its the standard black white one that we have all seen. I know I can get a new one for under $1000. Sorry if this has been discussed already but I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    I think $400 to $500 would be a realistic price range if the bass is in great condition.

3. tm3

tm3

Oct 10, 2001
    north carolina
    i'm looking for a used mia myself so i've been researching pricing. you can get a new one for about $900, less if you find some kind of special deal. supposedly a music store will offer a trade in value of about $300. i've been told by others with more experience that top price to pay, excellent condition, with ohsc, should be about $500, but often less. which agrees with your other reply here.

having said that, most that i've seen for sale in the last couple of weeks have been priced a lot higher than that.

4. tm3

tm3

Oct 10, 2001
    north carolina
    i rechecked my price list, and realized that i misquoted. a new mia j bass is about $800.

5. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    DFW, TX
    Most MIA Used Fenders in the later 90's tend to go for $450-500 for a 4 string and $500-550 for 5 strings

6. Got my `98 mia P (near mint cond.)for 500.00 online.A J may run a bit more though.Just don`t rush into anything,there are always good deals floating around!