Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

price of ibanez btb 1205 bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, Jun 2, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    can anyone give me a quote on an average price for this bass? I played one at GC and loved it almost asmuch as the sound of a bongo, but I can't remember the price, just wandering,

if this was a bad idea to post, could a mod delete this?

2. Somewhere arround 700-800$ I think...I have a BTB 556 that looks kind of the same (the top is not flamed maple, is just maple), has different pickups (MK1) and also a different onboard preamp (Varimid), is bolt-on not neck trough like 1206...priced arround 400-500$. Also has a different monorail bridge, with more weight, sounds better IMHO. Pretty happy with it.

3. That's a SR 1205...the man was asking about BTB ;) And I was talking about second hand prices.

4. Whoops , I missed that .

5. No problem :)

6. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds like you're talking about the BTB 1205e Prestige. I had one and everyday regret selling it. Thing was smooth as butter and sounded HUGE.

IMO it blew away the Bongo, Warwick and several other types I tried before deciding on the BTB. One in good condition could sell around $800 - $1100. These are hard to find (because nobody wants to get rid of theirs) so nab it if you can.

7. I had also BTB 1305 Prestige,BTB 770, BTB 556 still in my posession, Warwick Corvette Custom Shop, Warwick LX BN 5, also tried a MM Bongo 5 and a BTB 675 ...I dont think there is a real comparison between them. MM Bongo and Warwick are in another class of price and quality...and way better, IMHO.