price of ibanez btb 1205 bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, Jun 2, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    can anyone give me a quote on an average price for this bass? I played one at GC and loved it almost asmuch as the sound of a bongo, but I can't remember the price, just wandering,

if this was a bad idea to post, could a mod delete this?
  2. Somewhere arround 700-800$ I think...I have a BTB 556 that looks kind of the same (the top is not flamed maple, is just maple), has different pickups (MK1) and also a different onboard preamp (Varimid), is bolt-on not neck trough like 1206...priced arround 400-500$. Also has a different monorail bridge, with more weight, sounds better IMHO. Pretty happy with it.
  3. That's a SR 1205...the man was asking about BTB ;) And I was talking about second hand prices.
  4. Whoops , I missed that .

5. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds like you're talking about the BTB 1205e Prestige. I had one and everyday regret selling it. Thing was smooth as butter and sounded HUGE.

IMO it blew away the Bongo, Warwick and several other types I tried before deciding on the BTB. One in good condition could sell around $800 - $1100. These are hard to find (because nobody wants to get rid of theirs) so nab it if you can.
  6. I had also BTB 1305 Prestige,BTB 770, BTB 556 still in my posession, Warwick Corvette Custom Shop, Warwick LX BN 5, also tried a MM Bongo 5 and a BTB 675 ...I dont think there is a real comparison between them. MM Bongo and Warwick are in another class of price and quality...and way better, IMHO.