Price of Reverends

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matrok, Mar 30, 2005.

1. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
  2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Yes, as a 'fish owner I was also surprised to see one go that high. The buyer must have wanted to go fishing real bad! :D
  3. Wow, I can't believe that! I bought mine used 3 years ago for about a third of that.
  4. :eek:
    $1,199.. wow. I didn't think it would get to that point so quickly. Heck, Rumblefish #1 only fetched, what, $849 last week?
    I paid a total of $1,250 for the two 'Fish I have, both of them among the first 100 made.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I never expected them to increase in value so much just because they arent made anymore. Cool.
  6. I just bought a beautiful Rumblefish from our own 'SmallEquestrian' for $550. It came with a hardshell case. I missed my original one so bad I had to buy another one.
  7. Right on! What color?
  8. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Hey guys, this has probably been done, but let's see your "fish"

Here's mine with my 78 de-fretted P-bass

Attached Files:

9. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    Limited supply.....increase in value.....I was afraid of this.
  10. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    I just got this 5 XL about a month ago. I think I slipped it in just before the prices jumped (I had an instinct)...

It came in a gig bag, and I just got a new hardshell case directly from Reverend. They may not have any basses left, but they still had some cases.

11. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  12. Blue Fish (next to my Curbow)

13. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    I cant believe that went for that. I just bought a p/j dragonfly green for 550, which is why I sold my white one to Count Funkula. That ebay auction is a little crazy.
  14. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Mine looks just like one of Matrok's:

you'd think a PJ with a discontinued finish would be unique, but no dice :D

The prices are flabbergasting. I guess I won't be picking up another one any time soon . . . and to think I sold a bugeye XL and black PJ for what is now a song last year
  15. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    More white fish. Muaahahahahahahahahaha!
  16. [​IMG]

MORE white fish! white suits this instrument very well.
  17. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    Link didn't work for me, anyone else have that problem?

found this site online with a Reverend gallery. Scroll about halfway down to see a 5XL with a "tiger" top. Anyone ever seen one of these? I might have to sneak one of those in the house if I ever run across one.

After I told my wife about how much the "fish" are going for, she said maybe I should stop playing mine. She quickly rescinded that remark when she realized that would mean I'd have to spend more money on new basses. ;)
  18. Yep, I got the white fish too.