Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

price on an Ibanez US ATK?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Aug 25, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
  2. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    that is a beauty!!! I think those USA models usually run about 600 used or so. I can't remember what the last one I saw on Ebay went for. You might try doing a closed auction search there. Good luck.

3. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Those are incredible basses for the money.

That one is overpriced, though (IMO) A US ATK should sell around $450.....$500 max.

The PBC tension free neck is nice but kinda a novelty and besides that and the figured wood there is very little difference between this model and the ATK300 Japanese model which probably sells used for around $300-$350.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    What's with the headstock being a different piece of wood than the neck? That looks wack! Is that the "tension free" neck? Does it work? Wild. Nice bass.

5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Yes, they're awesome basses. they're actually made here in the US by Dave Bunker of PBC floating neck fame. I have a 5er that is a better 5 string stingray than the actual 5 string stingray is. Great neck, sutain for days, & punchy meaty tone. I'd love to find another mint 5 is that same red color, if you ever come across one

6. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    not really, you ever paly the 2 models side by side ? there is a world of difference in the US one. that is the only bass ibanez ever sold that was worth anything IMO. Although, that one model kicks major ass.

7. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I have owned a cheap ATK 100 (the made in Korea passive version) and also an ATK 300 (MIJ active version). A friend of mine still owns a trans red US ATK. Both the ATK 300 and US ATK have the same active pickups and electronics. I found the finish work on both to be great! The US had prettier wood and the tension free nek but felt and sounded pretty much the same to me as the ATK 300. My point was that if I had to choose I would save some dough and go with the ATK 300 because it's not worth the extra $100. Again, that is simply my opinion. I agree this is the best bass Ibanez ever made and even the cheap ATK 100 was a great instrument for it's price point. They are an absolute steal on the used market.

The only downside........they are extremely heavy.