Price on used Skyline JO5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r379, Aug 26, 2004.

1. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Can anyone out there tell me what I might have to give up for a clean used passive Lakland Skyline JO5? Thanks.
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Haven't seen a whole lot of them, but the ones I've seen ran in the $700-$800 range.

3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    OK, thanks. I'm looking at getting a 5 and I want something Jazz-ish so I'm either going for a Fender or (if I want a 35" scale) a Lakland Skyline. I know what a Fender will set me back but I didn't know about the JO5. A lot less of those around
  4. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    The Skyline JO5 comes up on eBay every once in a while and seems to go in the 700 - 900 range. If you are choosing between the Fender and the JO5, I would definitely go with the JO5. A much better bass IMO.

Happy Hunting.
  5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    There's a lake placid blue one on the bay now... It has some dings and no gig bag( :confused: ). I'd go JO5 over Fender. Better all around IMO. ;)
  6. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    One more to consider is the Ken Smith Designs (KSD) Jazz basses. The 5-strings have 35" scale and are very impressive, esp for the price. A search on this forum will yield some good insight on these guys.