Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Price on used Skyline JO5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r379, Aug 26, 2004.

1. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Can anyone out there tell me what I might have to give up for a clean used passive Lakland Skyline JO5? Thanks.

2. Haven't seen a whole lot of them, but the ones I've seen ran in the $700-$800 range.

Mike

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    OK, thanks. I'm looking at getting a 5 and I want something Jazz-ish so I'm either going for a Fender or (if I want a 35" scale) a Lakland Skyline. I know what a Fender will set me back but I didn't know about the JO5. A lot less of those around

4. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    The Skyline JO5 comes up on eBay every once in a while and seems to go in the 700 - 900 range. If you are choosing between the Fender and the JO5, I would definitely go with the JO5. A much better bass IMO.

Happy Hunting.
    Bones

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    There's a lake placid blue one on the bay now... It has some dings and no gig bag( :confused: ). I'd go JO5 over Fender. Better all around IMO. ;)

6. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    One more to consider is the Ken Smith Designs (KSD) Jazz basses. The 5-strings have 35" scale and are very impressive, esp for the price. A search on this forum will yield some good insight on these guys.