Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

price please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Mar 2, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    what is agood price for a mexican fender jazz? 4 string standard
    thanks

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I picked mine up last weekend at Guitar Center for $280 USD. There's a store in Chicago called Make'n Music who offered that price. Guitar Center was reluctant, but matched that price. That's the lowest I've seen, though I know some people have gotten even better deals!

3. j3b3r

j3b3r

Aug 19, 2000
    I got mine for $250 including shipping

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    In Europe they usually go for twice the US price. I doubt I'd find one for under 5000 SEK (~US $500) here.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Where?

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    no higher than $299 us currency. its more beneficial in the long run to save about $150-$200 more, and get the deluxe active jazz bass, better tone, and even tho its mim, i think its construction is a bit better, (4 string only tho) ive seen 3 mim 5 string deluxe active jazz bass's with the same exact defect. but never on the 4's. The deluxe active jazz, also has stacked humbuckers in them and an active 3 band eq giving you greater tonal flexability.

7. j3b3r

j3b3r

Aug 19, 2000
    I got it used from harmony central

8. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    there is a small crack in the wood on the headstock, it starts out by the right side screw on the low B strings machine head and works its way to the right and then starts to go up over the headstock. I bought my deluxe active jazz new and it wasnt there. But a few months ago noticed it. I saw the same exact crack in the same exact spot on 2 other deluxe active jazz's i saw in the stores. Both of which were used bass's. I wrote a more detailed post of this, titled factory defect. As i said the crack wasnt there when it was new, but in time it happend, and to see the same thing on 2 other basses just isnt right. thats why i say becareful when buying the 5 string deluxe active jazz. thats not to say all of them will get one either. just something to keep in mind. I havent seen it yet on any of the 4's or the mia jazz bass deluxe tho.