1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

price please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Mar 2, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    what is agood price for a mexican fender jazz? 4 string standard
    thanks

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I picked mine up last weekend at Guitar Center for $280 USD. There's a store in Chicago called Make'n Music who offered that price. Guitar Center was reluctant, but matched that price. That's the lowest I've seen, though I know some people have gotten even better deals!

3. j3b3r

j3b3r

Aug 19, 2000
    I got mine for $250 including shipping

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    In Europe they usually go for twice the US price. I doubt I'd find one for under 5000 SEK (~US $500) here.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Where?

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    no higher than $299 us currency. its more beneficial in the long run to save about $150-$200 more, and get the deluxe active jazz bass, better tone, and even tho its mim, i think its construction is a bit better, (4 string only tho) ive seen 3 mim 5 string deluxe active jazz bass's with the same exact defect. but never on the 4's. The deluxe active jazz, also has stacked humbuckers in them and an active 3 band eq giving you greater tonal flexability.

7. j3b3r

j3b3r

Aug 19, 2000
    I got it used from harmony central

8. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    there is a small crack in the wood on the headstock, it starts out by the right side screw on the low B strings machine head and works its way to the right and then starts to go up over the headstock. I bought my deluxe active jazz new and it wasnt there. But a few months ago noticed it. I saw the same exact crack in the same exact spot on 2 other deluxe active jazz's i saw in the stores. Both of which were used bass's. I wrote a more detailed post of this, titled factory defect. As i said the crack wasnt there when it was new, but in time it happend, and to see the same thing on 2 other basses just isnt right. thats why i say becareful when buying the 5 string deluxe active jazz. thats not to say all of them will get one either. just something to keep in mind. I havent seen it yet on any of the 4's or the mia jazz bass deluxe tho.