1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Price Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shoehorn, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Not sure if this is quite the right forum for this but I have a question about the asking price for a bass I'm potentially buying.

The bass is a Warwick Streamer 4-string from 94. It has a bolt-on flamed maple neck, cherrywood body, emg pickups (before they started making their own), and pj pickup setup. It comes with a gig-bag and some tools for adjusting the truss rod. The guy is a apprentice to a luthier out here and he said he recently had the bass setup and re-fretted.

The asking price is 750$ can. Does that sound pretty fair or should I offer less?

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    They seem to sell for around US $ 800 used online. Since the bass has been refretted it has lost some value. Personally I would have the fret job checked out by someone else and offer less.

3. davec

davec Supporting Member Commercial User

May 4, 2006
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Owner; Cody Electric Basses ( Now Closed) sales @ Sweetwater
    I agree offer less, sighting the refret.
    However Cherry is not a standard Warwick wood, so check it out if and if you have to have it $750 is a fair price

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Caroleena maybe? they used that wood for the streamer standard back in the day... however i have never heard of a streamer standard with PJ combo i always thought they came with soapbars...

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021