1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Price Reduced: 1969 Fender Precision Bass: Neck, Body, Bridge, Neck Plate, String Tree

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nicktunz, May 2, 2018.

1. nicktunz

nicktunz Commercial User

Apr 23, 2008
    Miami, FL
    Mesa Boogie, Arc Effects, Small Sound Big Sound, Earthquaker Devices
    Price:
    Strings:
    Update: price dropped to $1599

For sale or trade is the bulk of a 1969 Fender Precision Bass.
    The following parts are original to the bass:
    -Body
    -Neck
    -Tuners
    -String Tree
    -Neck Plate
    -Bridge

Info on the neck: The neck is stamped June 5th, 1969. It is a "B" neck, which has a nut width of 1 5/8", the standard for P basses, these days. The nut has been replaced with a brass nut. The fingerboard between frets 18 and 20 have been scalloped. Though I wouldn't do this to a bass, who ever scalloped the board did a professional job. The frets have been replaced and the new frets are filed to be flat.

The body has been sprayed over the original finish with a nitro Sonic Blue. It's not a professional spray job but it's not terrible. The body was routed for a Jazz pickup at the bridge and a 9v battery under the pickguard. The bottom of the body was routed for a "telecaster" style output jack.

The bridge string height adjustment screws have been replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    $1599
    Trades for bass or guitar
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    mikewalker likes this.
  2. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Can you string it up and tell us if it's playable ( the pics give the impression it might need a refret again...)
    I love the color, but is there any provenance indicating it is actually the original body? I have a friend in Tampa who might be interested :)

3. nicktunz

nicktunz Commercial User

Apr 23, 2008
    Miami, FL
    Hi Mike,
    Just strung it up. Can confirm it is playable. Neck is straight. Truss rod works. Frets are worn but still have life in them. Aside from appearing to be correct, I can't actually confirm the body to be the original, as any date stamping has been finished over. It could just be a good fake, but I don't think it is simply from the control cavity routing and that it came with the neck, bridge and neck plate. But who knows. It is priced "or best offer."

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  4. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    The bridge, or at least the saddles aren't original. ;-)

5. nicktunz

nicktunz Commercial User

Apr 23, 2008
    Miami, FL
    Are you sure? They appear to be consistent with ‘69 Fender basses.

6. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    It should have slot head screws in the saddles, not the current Allen screws...

7. nicktunz

nicktunz Commercial User

Apr 23, 2008
    Miami, FL
    That is true and is noted in my description. I believe the saddles and the bridge plate to be original.