SOLD PRICE REDUCED $725.00: JJ Helms 5-String Set-Neck 34" Scale Custom Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lraphel, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    Price:
    Strings:
    A wonderful looking and playing 5-String JJ Helms bass, purchased in 2011, built circa mid-2000's. Josh Helms is a maker out of Salem, Oregon, who uses exceptionally beautiful woods. Bass is in excellent condition and has remained in a climate-controlled house and never gigged since 2011. Bass is signed on the headstock by the maker. Not sure of the type of woods used.

Specs:
    *Set Neck
    *34" Scale
    *19 mm String Spacing
    *Two Wilkinson Double Coil Humbucker pick-ups (big tone, high harmonic output, fat and funky sound)
    *Shipping: $65.00
    *Available for Local Pick-up in Queens, New York

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  2. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Washington DC
    The pickup situation is interesting, any insight as to why it was done that way?

feschyn likes this.
  3. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    Hi,
    My son is the player and both he and I have no insight about why the maker chose to place the pickups that way. In 2011, we saw the bass at a Guitar Center and it looked so amazing that my son tried it, found it both comfortable and great sounding so we bought it for actually more than what we are selling it for now. He's selling it because he's a student with crushing debt; otherwise he would never have considered letting it go. Thanks for the interest.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021