1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale **Price reduced**Carved Gofriller Copy, Large 3/4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Henri Gross, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Henri Gross

Henri Gross Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Price:
    Strings:
    I've decided to sell my bass, though she's been (somewhat) loyal, I've found another bass that would suit me better. It's thought to be about 20 years old, it was regraduated by Aaron Reiley in Grand Rapids, MI, and has had all the work done on it by Tom Wolf in the Plains, VA. It's a massive instrument, and while it's classified as a large 3/4 size, I think it's more of a larger 7/8 based on size alone. Here are some measurements.

String length: 41" 1/4
    "waist" (middle of c-bouts): 14" 3/8
    Length of back: 45"
    Upper bout length: 20"
    Upper bout depth: 8" 1/2
    Lower bout length: 22" 1/4
    Lower bout depth: 9" 1/2

It's an incredibly good orchestral bass, deep and boomy, really shakes the rafters. I've had several modifications done to it over the four years of my possession. This includes several repairs by Tom Wolf, maple bridge adjusters, a solid ebony Onyx endpin, Pecanic tailpiece wire, new tailpiece (ebony), dots inlaid in the fingerboard, B-extension (done by Aaron Reiley), and angled endpin drilled. I really want her to find a new owner that'll care for her as much as I did.
    Selling my baby, large 3/4 fully carved Gofriller copy. No tags inside, but estimated to be about 20 years old. Regraduated top done by Aaron Reiley, as well as many small repairs done by Tom Wolf. It's a massive instrument, super deep, and is an orchestral bass if you've ever played one.

PM for more information or if you want to try it out! Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. Henri Gross

Sep 22, 2018
    Forgot to mention, price is negotiable (within reason, of course)

3. Henri Gross

Sep 22, 2018
    Price reduced by a good chunk of change.