1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available PRICE REDUCED - Darkglass MT500 amp - brand new 1/17/19

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by funkyjudge, Jan 28, 2019.

1. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Price:
    PRICE REDUCED TO $660 SHIPPED TO THE LOWER 48!

This is a brand-new Darkglass Microtubes MT500 amp (no footswitch), purchased January 17, 2019 and played less than 2 hours. I just have too many amps, and I can basically get all of the same (or very similar) distorted sounds with either my Mesa Walkabout or Mesa WD-800 amps, by dialing-in a lot of tube gain. As you can see from the receipt included in the attached photos, I paid $735 ($793.80 with tax) on January 17.

I would return the amp to Sam Ash Music, but they will only give a store credit, and I don't need nearly $800 in new gear!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    By the way, the clean (non-Microtubes Engine) channel has a very nice. clean tone. The amp sounds very nice through my MAS 112 cabinet, too!

3. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Since when does Sam Ash only offer credit on a return? Did they make that clear to you before buying it? I would challenge that. I return stuff to Sam ash all the time for a full refund.

4. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    That’s what they told me at the Franklin Mills (Philadelphia, PA) store when I purchased it. If they would give me a refund, I would just return it, because I’m losing money by selling the amp, as you can see from the receipt that I showed in my listing.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  5. KevinMG

KevinMG Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Unless it changed to a shorter policy, Sam Ash retail has a 30 day return policy. Online it's 45 day guaranteed. I would go to the store and speak with the manager if necessary. Sam Ash stores still have some old school music store attitude and service varies by store, but they do have a return policy and it exists for a reason. Good luck!