1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Price Reduced! Make an offer -1930's Otto Rubner

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by KQBASS, Dec 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KQBASS

KQBASS Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2009
    La Crosse, WI
    Price:
    $16000.00
    Strings:
    1930’s Otto Rubner, Fully Carved Marchneukirchen, Germany

This bass is in very good condition and has been played in jazz, orchestral and solo settings. I have loved playing this instrument since 2001 but due to an injury to the second finger on my left hand I need to down size my string length! The upper bout sloping shoulders make it easy to play and get around in the upper positions.
    The bass has a big warm sound and good response. I have had many comments from world class bassists about the great sound of the instrument and the ease of playing. These players, including: Michael Janisch, Hans Glawischnig, Corcoron Holt, Dave Santoro and Trey Henry, all used the bass while performing at the UW-La Crosse Jazz Festival.

I purchased the bass at David Gage String Instrument repair in 2001. In 2005, the bass got a new fingerboard and bridge with adjusters. This work was done by Henry Bohem at The Double Bass Workshop in Madsion, WI. This instrument has been well maintained and needs a good home! Included in price is a custom sized Mooradian Case.

Please email me with questions: karynkquinn@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Karyn Quinn

Measurements:
    String Length: 42.5 in.
    Neck: Eb

Upper Bout: 18 in.
    C Bout: 14 in.
    Lower Bout: 26 in.
    Rib Depth: 7-8 in.
    Length of Body: 43.5 in.
    Width at nut: 1.7 in.
    Scroll to Shoulder: 29 in.
    Full height scroll to bottom: 74 in.

IMG_2434.JPG IMG_2435.JPG IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2437.JPG IMG_2438.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2440.JPG IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2443.JPG IMG_2444.JPG IMG_2445.JPG IMG_2446.JPG IMG_2447.JPG

2. BenCampbell

BenCampbell Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    What a beautiful bass! GLWTS!

basspraiser likes this.
  3. KQBASS

KQBASS Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2009
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks Ben, Let me know if you are interested.