1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PRICE SLASHED: Fender American Precision Plus Deluxe Bass Solid Ash 1992 with OHSC!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by G&L-Forever, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Solid ash body! If you have not yet heard, Fender is discontinuing ash on all production models. Get this beautiful one in very good condition while you have the chance, with original hardshell case! The case even includes the key. Kept in a climate-controlled environment.

This solid ash bass features the similar specifications to the Precision Bass Plus. It also has a 34" scale, but the body is a little smaller, and lighter. The bass has rear-routed controls, a side-mounted jack socket and a Kubicki-designed 2-band active EQ with separate stacked control pots for master volume, pickup pan, treble and bass. It was introduced in 1992, discontinued in 1994, and replaced by the American Deluxe Precision Bass in 1995.

If you like active Precision basses, you are going to love this bass! The Plus series, introduced in 1987 and made until 1998, were the highest end basses of the time, right below the Custom Shop which also started in 1987.

The bass has a small ding on the top of the lower bout, another slight one on the bottom edge, and some wear on the edge of the headstock (shown in the pictures). Nothing is noticeable unless you are up close, and the grain on the bass is quite beautiful. One fine tuner on the bridge is missing, but I have never used any of them, and they are not necessary for tuning at all. The tuning pegs work very well. There is a little wear on the back of the neck, but nothing that you feel while playing.

There is some fret wear as shown in the picture, but it never bothered me.

Here are the specifications for the deluxe precision plus:

Model Name: Deluxe Precision Bass(r) Plus
    Series: U.S. Plus/Deluxe Series
    Body: Solid Ash
    Neck: Maple
    Fingerboard: Rosewood Fretboard
    No. of Frets: 22
    Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
    Width @ Nut: 1.625" (41 mm)
    Hardware: Chrome
    Machine Heads: Fender Schaller Elite
    Bridge: Deluxe Plus with Fine Tuners
    Pickups: 2 Silver Fender Lace Sensor pickups, (1 P Bass and 1 J Bass)
    Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
    Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot, Master Treble Boost/Cut, Master Bass Boost/Cut
    Color: Natural
    Unique Features: Active Electronics
    Source: U.S.
    Accessories: Case
    INTRODUCED: 1992
    DISCONTINUED: 1994

$749 shipped to anywhere in Continental U.S. or Canada. All other areas, please inquire for a shipping quote. a.jpg IMG_1091.jpg IMG_1093.JPG IMG_1094.JPG IMG_1096.jpg IMG_1097.jpg IMG_1098.jpg IMG_1099.jpg IMG_1100.JPG IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1105.JPG IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1107.jpg IMG_1108.jpg IMG_1109.JPG z.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. Blackjac97

Blackjac97 Supporting Member

May 27, 2012
    Maine
    Thid is wild... it's a birth year model for me...

3. Happy Birthday!

Blackjac97 likes this.
  4. Price drop bump!

5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Do you know the weight?
    Does the Ash give it a brighter tone than Alder?
    Thanx

6. The bass weighs 8.4 lbs by my bathroom scale.
    According to the Fender website, "All in all, swamp ash imparts articulation and presence with a great balance between brightness and warmth, and it looks great. So you can see — and hear — why many ash-body Fender guitars of the ’50s are so highly prized."
    Here is what Fender has to say about red alder, which is the variety of alder that they use, "Red Alder... has a resonant, balanced tone brighter than other hardwoods, with a little more emphasis in the upper midrange. It imparts excellent sustain and sharp attack."
    I have a Fender Precision Plus in alder as well, and I can't really argue with Fender. Both the ash and alder sound good, although slightly different. The choice is merely personal taste. There is no right or wrong answer. As for me, I am keeping the alder one strictly because it is a passive only bass, and this ash bass for sale here is active. That is what makes it Deluxe: the Kubicki EQ and preamp. If you like active Precision basses, you are going to love this bass! The Plus series, introduced in 1987 and made until 1998, were the highest end basses of the time, right below the Custom Shop which also started in 1987.
    I would keep this bass as well if I didn't have bills to pay.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  7. Sold, thanks for the interest.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021