Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Price

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by ThePaste, Jun 21, 2001.

1. How much will different brands of EUB strings cost? I mean, do they go from $50-$300 or something like that? I am pretty sure they are more expensive than BG strings :D

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hope you don't mind me tacking onto your question a bit here Paste...

Any of you EUB players, what strings do you recommend as 'Most Bang for the Buck'??

-robert

3. AlexFeldman

AlexFeldman

Jun 18, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't play EUB, but I imagine you can't go wrong with Thomastik-Infeld Spirocores (weich). They run about $120 for a set of four.

4. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    go to www.lemurmusic.com and www.quinnviolins.com I'm not an EUB player but I understand that they use standard DB strings which are, as you have surmised, much more expensive than BG strings. The type of string you get depends on what you want to do with it - pizz, arco or both. Check the archives here for lots of string discussions.

5. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Thanks a bunch Alex and rablack. That's a huge help!

-robert

6. Thanks fellows, and another thing, can a piezo equipped EU handle any string material?

7. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Piezos sense physical vibrations so string material shouldn't have a direct effect (unlike a magnetic pickup which senses the movement of a metallic string through a magnetic field and therefore couldn't get a signal from gut strings and might have trouble with synthetic core strings).