1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale PRICED TO SELL!!! Tune TWB5 (MIJ)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by whirledpeas, Jul 16, 2019.

1. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Couple inquiries, but still available for the moment...

Jerry Ziarko likes this.
  2. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Crazy good deal here. I really wish I had room for a 6th bass.

whirledpeas likes this.
  3. OHHH I WANNIT. If I could get somebody to buy my banjo bass, one of these Japanese Tunes would be mine. I bought a souped up Korean TWB5 eight years ago from this site and I still love it, these things are just tops. I will own a MIJ someday.

4. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    I had an inquiry about the structural integrity of the strap button repair and concerns about the horn being “very thin” ... Thought I should copy my response here for other folks that may have similar concerns:

I looked at the botton/horn again this morning. It’s solid man. I have zero concerns about it pulling out. The mounting screw appears to be sunk into plenty of solid wood. The horn is not too thin IMO. Here’s a couple pics for you.

My best guess is that in the past it fell and took a direct hit on the strap button, but I really don’t know. I would lock on a strap and rock this thing with no worries.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Somebody make me an offer! :bassist:

6. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    Looks like a good deal for you 5 string players!

7. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Thanks, I agree. This axe is going to put a smile on someone’s face!

8. Can’t believe this hasn’t sold. Beautiful bass. My Korean TWB5QM wasn’t Made in Japan, but, it is so great it’s hard to believe these can be even better. These basses seriously compete with basses that cost thousands more, No joke. I’d put mine right up there with my Tobias, Jerzy Drozd, Zon etc. in tone, build quality and components. I love the tones available from the pickups and preamp. These are total modern tone monsters, but can do old school tone as well. This is a steal. GLWTS Tom!

9. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Thanks, Kirk! That’s some high praise!! Almost talking me out of this, lol. However, I play almost exclusively finger style and really prefer 19 mm spacing.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019 at 9:40 AM
    Kirk Bryant likes this.