1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Prices on two pedals. and a name.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Linkert, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    1.What is the price of the Juggernaut fuzz? If its over 100$ wich i assume, you can tip me of some cool fuzz pedal.

2. What is the name of the "octive divider" as larry shows in this video. He calls it "Big-foot"
    Is it expensive? if so tip me of a simular but cheaper brand of octive-divider.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The Proco Juggernaut is no longer in production. They sold for about $130 new.

The Bigfoot is a Mutron Octave Divider and is certainly out of production. Similar but cheaper? Not really so much. There's a reason they still sell for $500 on the used market.

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    The Juggernaut is built by Proco. I had one for a very short while, and it was by far the worst piece of gear I have ever owned. I don't know how much they go for these days, but when I bought mine, I think I spent about $175 new. The Little Big Muff gets a lot of props for being a good bass fuzz to be had on the cheap. I think you can find them for ~$70 new.

The octave divider is a Mutron. It's vintage and somewhat rare, thus likely to be outrageously expensive. I'd go with a Foxrox Octron as a substitute.

4. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    The Mu-Tron unit's obviously vintage and got lots of mojo, so it's gonna be expensive. But I use a Digitech Bass Synth Wah for Octave down...nothing fancy, but get's the job done.

5. im sure i saw a RI juggernaught in my local guitar shop (uk) was about £150 tho, could have been an old one as it was in the glass cabnet and i was just browsing.

im getting a cool drive tone (not fuzz but its nice and juicy) from my behringer BOD100 ovedrdrive, esp when you use the blend, i actually got a nice 'dance to the music' tone straight away its not perfect but its cool never the less.

as for the BIG FOOT i would say any analog bass synth style pedal would do the buisness, the EHX bass micro synth looks like it will do the job easy (its pricey tho). i tend not to favor the 'octave' pedals as tracking can be a bit hit and miss but the synths seem to nail octaves with little effort