1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pricing help on '97 Warwick Corvette Standard 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Saetia, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Alright so I've been trying to price out what I could get for my Warwick Corvette Standard 4. It's a 97 so it has the weng neck and fret board, as well as brass adjust-a-nut and frets.

The bass is cosemetically quite good. No back rash and a couple of small marks on the front that could be waxed out (I think they in the grim that is on there now).

When I got it new in 97 from Uncle Bobs in milwuakee there was a small crack behind the contour on the back... maybe 1/2". It hasn't grown in the almost 9 years I've had it nor does it affect it's tone or playability.

With that said

How much do you think I can get for it with a heavily padded gig bag and the bridge and truss rod tools?

Thanks all insight is greatly appreciated

Peace
    -Benny

2. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Bump

Anyone?

3. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    600 if it is active..

btw just a nut 1, the one you got is better cuz its brass and was turned into plastic as a moneysaver for warwick.

wenge fb is a good plus too..

4. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    I'll sell you a like new 2006 Double Buck for $1150 including shipping and a hard case or soft case, your choice! PM me.. if you like.

5. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    It has the Passive MEC's in it.

Definitely better with the brass adjust-a-nut and the frets, plus it's a '97 so it was before the CNC was implemented. Weng neck and FB.

I was thinking between $500 and $550 for it. Does that sound fair?

Thanks

Peace
    -Benny

6. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    $600 isn't bad actually, but you could probably get it for $500-$550. Good luck!

7. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I already own this bass, I'm trying to see what I can get for it, I may have misread what you wrote, or I may not have made it clear.

But thanks, so basically I could get anywhere from $5-600 for it?

Thanks

Peace
    -Benny

8. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    yeah do that if you can get it for 500 or 525 or 550, you could put 75 bucks towards an aguilar or bartolini 2 band preamp and get a concentric stacked knob, so you dont need to drill an extra hole,
    and if you do all that, than your warwick will sound better than a new streamer jazzman, and you will have a pimp bass.
    good Luck.!:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

9. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I think people are reading my posts wrong. I already have this bass, and am looking to sell it... and wondering what I could get for this bass? Sorry for not being clear about it, my bad.

Thanks again

Peace
    -Benny