1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

pricing my MIM pbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigwig, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    Hello, I'm currently selling my MIM P-bass that i bought last year. I've never sold a bass myself before, but instead just traded them in to music stores (and I've learnt the hard way how much they rip you off).
    My P-bass is all stock, apart from a set of Seymour Duncan Quater Pounders I threw in there a few months back.
    I bought the bass brand new for $529 Canadian + tax (a little over $600). and with the pickups, Ive spend well over 700 canadian on it. The bass is in the same condition i bought it for, minus some strap wear. this sale would include a hardshell case (good condition).

Whats a reasonable price to slap on this bass? I dont want to get ripped off, but I dont want to rip anyone else off either.

i was thinking the $450 - $500 range..but i wanted to ask here just incase i was off.
    thanks again.

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Put the orginal pickups back in, and sell the other set seperately. You'll net more $$$ that way.

Figure that most basses lose about 50% value the minute you've bought it...and maybe more if you have too much play wear. I'd ask for $400 and sell in the 3 to 350 range.