pricing my MIM pbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigwig, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Hello, I'm currently selling my MIM P-bass that i bought last year. I've never sold a bass myself before, but instead just traded them in to music stores (and I've learnt the hard way how much they rip you off).
    My P-bass is all stock, apart from a set of Seymour Duncan Quater Pounders I threw in there a few months back.
    I bought the bass brand new for $529 Canadian + tax (a little over $600). and with the pickups, Ive spend well over 700 canadian on it. The bass is in the same condition i bought it for, minus some strap wear. this sale would include a hardshell case (good condition).

Whats a reasonable price to slap on this bass? I dont want to get ripped off, but I dont want to rip anyone else off either.

i was thinking the $450 - $500 range..but i wanted to ask here just incase i was off.
    thanks again.
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Put the orginal pickups back in, and sell the other set seperately. You'll net more $$$ that way.

Figure that most basses lose about 50% value the minute you've bought it...and maybe more if you have too much play wear. I'd ask for $400 and sell in the 3 to 350 range.