Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pricing question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superflybass, Feb 14, 2005.

1. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    I have a friend that is going to sell me his old bass I got there and to my eyes I see I late 70's spector ns1 no serial ## but is active with a emg p pickup badass bridge gold hardware

what do these things go for these days
    it is very good shape for that bass

later
    Bryan

2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Have you searched E-bay and google? That is where I would start. Google and Alta Vista will bring in some search results.
    Keep us informed!! PIC'S :confused:

3. ShamrayBass

ShamrayBass The Bass Custom Shop

Dec 29, 2004
    Moscow. RUSSIA
    "way back then" they were $995 BRAND NEW (i had the opportunity to buy one of the first ones) and I'm guessing they are worth considerably more today...

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    condition prety much sets the price colector value wise, but some ppl will tell you that if the bass rocks they wont care how distresed it would be.

5. superflybass

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    well I cant really find prices any where

but it looks in really good chape body wise the gold has the normal ware for being from 77-80 but I think it was defretted professionally it looks like a good job but I think if I get it I might have it refretted

6. superflybass

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    well guys and gals I got it not saying what I paid for it and I cleaned up in the next few days I will be getting some new strings for it

picture on link
    http://www.geocities.com/subnoxious1/

more pis on request

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Nice bass.... I have an original mid 70's Spector SB1 which just rules.... :bassist:

You should be able to get good money for it, and it's worth phoning Spector for more info about it's origin... :)